Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ir ADV C5035i - Toner Skewing - Cyan out of Register

Quote Originally Posted by malwatson View Post
    I agree Dan, I will go through this again now and see if this corrects it.
    Hello malwatson

to help you out in future...

Have a look at the attached picture, this shows the internal breakdown of the laser units MY laser to Left BK C to right.
    When you execute Color displacement correction control manually (Or the machine does at various times), it adjusts the mirrors by tilting them with a grub screw, per colour, so you may have an issue with say the cyan mirror, contained in the same unit as the black, consequently this will not affect the black as it is using a differnt mirror, it will continue to tilt / realign the mirrors based on the ID sensor OP obtained from straight and diagonal patches on the ITB, and the measurements between various points.....for a little more info have a read of the image stabalization pdf attached.

Hope this helps.

Point to note ...
    Black is sometimes and usually fixed into position mostly on Ricoh products.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnyb View Post
    When you execute Color displacement correction control manually (Or the machine does at various times), it adjusts the mirrors by tilting them with a grub screw, per colour, so you may have an issue with say the cyan mirror, contained in the same unit as the black, consequently this will not affect the black as it is using a differnt mirror, it will continue to tilt / realign the mirrors based on the ID sensor OP obtained from straight and diagonal patches on the ITB, and the measurements between various points.....
    I think you meant to say the Lenses are tilted, not the mirror. There's only one Scanning Mirror for each pair of colours.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyb View Post
    Hello malwatson

to help you out in future...

Have a look at the attached picture, this shows the internal breakdown of the laser units MY laser to Left BK C to right.
    When you execute Color displacement correction control manually (Or the machine does at various times), it adjusts the mirrors by tilting them with a grub screw, per colour, so you may have an issue with say the cyan mirror, contained in the same unit as the black, consequently this will not affect the black as it is using a differnt mirror, it will continue to tilt / realign the mirrors based on the ID sensor OP obtained from straight and diagonal patches on the ITB, and the measurements between various points.....for a little more info have a read of the image stabalization pdf attached.

Hope this helps.

Point to note ...
    Black is sometimes and usually fixed into position mostly on Ricoh products.
    Thanks for that information Johny, I also noticed that on the cyan and black laser unit shown in your diagram that the cyan is on the right-hand side....is that right because the drums above are the opposite, the cyan drum is above bk correction motor and the black drum is above the cyan correction motor according to this diagram....from left to right on my machine the drum colors are as follows.

yellow, magenta, cyan, black and according to the diagram you attached the lasers are in the following order....magenta, yellow, black, cyan

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ir ADV C5035i - Toner Skewing - Cyan out of Register

Quote Originally Posted by malwatson View Post
    The Canon machine should do what it was purchased to do. This part should not
    be defective at this point in time. Machines remember aren't living so can't be
    compared to us human beings [ although some people give me doubts ]
    Thanks for your help Vigour.
    All of these symptoms on previous models have been ITB related. Should we expect that this is not the first or primary cause now ? I don't.
    Machines are made by Humans and so they are born with defective DNA too. But God made Humans and God is Perfect! This about that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi have you tried a DC Con clear or swap cyan and mag drum over.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wink Re: ir ADV C5035i - Toner Skewing - Cyan out of Register

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dryer View Post
    I think you meant to say the Lenses are tilted, not the mirror. There's only one Scanning Mirror for each pair of colours.
    Point taken! On a Ricoh laser the scanner mirror is called a pollygon mirror motor and mirrors are usually tilted by the grub screw! Terminology is slightly different, but the principal is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by THUK View Post
    Hi have you tried a DC Con clear or swap cyan and mag drum over.
    Hi Thuk,

Yes I have tried both of those two options, thanks though. The problem I have with the cyan registration moves to the yellow registration when I swap the laser units over, so it is pointing towards a laser unit.

This laser unit is very expensive, its costing me €623.61 euros so I really hope this works. The registration patch sensor was suggested by another local technician near us, but after installing a brand new one, this is now ruled out, the p-alpha value (supplied with unit) was keyed in when the registration patch sensor was installed, the machine was restarted and was still the same. {this includes all of the solutions tried and tested too in this entire thread}

I should have the laser assembly unit this Friday 23rd August 2013, I have checked the service manual to see if I need to do anything else after installing the laser unit such as key information into the system but there doesn't seem to be any information regarding this, so if anyone is aware of something I should do after installing the physical unit I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks again everyone too and I will keep you all posted and hopefully all of this will benefit someone in the future [not that I wish this on anyone ].

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Can you not find a local dealer near you that will that has this model in a wearhouse etc, that you can borrow parts without having to order new from Canon & risk not even fixing it?
    This is what I do.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

good luck with the laser it sounds right if swapped and prob moves to another colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon.Tech View Post
    Can you not find a local dealer near you that will that has this model in a wearhouse etc, that you can borrow parts without having to order new from Canon & risk not even fixing it?
    This is what I do.
    Unfortunately Canon Ireland don't operate like this, they actually misdiagnosed the machine and left me high and dry. There isn't a third party in Ireland offering this service, it would great if there was.