Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ir3300

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ir3300

ir3300

Hey guys, have a 3300 that is leaving a blank area in the page about half the time.......not actually a blank area, you can fold the image together and they match....so, in other words it is z-folding at the registration before going under the drum im assuming. If I remember correctly, the registration clutch is the culprit. Is this the usual symptom....i think I have seen this before.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ir3300

Re: ir3300

Alright, change of thought, looks like it is actually a motor that drives it. maybe the registration sensor (ps10) isnt flagging right, maybe worn down and the paper isnt flagging it properly?? I know this was an issue on the 330's but don't know about the 3300, at least I haven't seen it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i would go for worn sensor arm or slow sensor arm maybe sticking bcos old mc

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ir3300

HTML Code:
    thanks for the response. Do you know if this arm is actually on the paper pickup assembly?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Top of pick up assay i believe is it both cassettes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ir3300

Quote Originally Posted by THUK View Post
    Top of pick up assay i believe is it both cassettes.
    We were running it from the LCT, but noticed it from tray 2 also.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    ir3300

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    We were running it from the LCT, but noticed it from tray 2 also.
    If the problem occurs from both cassettes then you can eliminate them and move on. Focus your efforts on the reg sensor flag or the reg clutch and you'll probably have a fix. First, You can check the jam codes in service mode to make sure you are not chasing your tail on this one. (you should always religiously begin with this step for jamming or feed issues)Those codes will indicate the reg area if that's where the trouble is coming from. Hope this helps....Good luck.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-21-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ir3300

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    If the problem occurs from both cassettes then you can eliminate them and move on. Focus your efforts on the reg sensor flag or the reg clutch and you'll probably have a fix. First, You can check the jam codes in service mode to make sure you are not chasing your tail on this one. (you should always religiously begin with this step for jamming or feed issues)Those codes will indicate the reg area if that's where the trouble is coming from. Hope this helps....Good luck.
    It is not jamming, just a blank are due to folding, which i find odd, but hey it can happen. So no jam code and none in history other than a few pickup jams but not excessive. I service these daily and it seems as I have seen this but can't remember. I'm going back out this week, I shall see, gonna look at that flag. According to the manual, there is no clutch, only a registration motor, but i turned it on in Smode and it activates the first registration roller, not the one at the transfer roller. (tried that on a working machine this morning).

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    ir3300

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    It is not jamming, just a blank are due to folding, which i find odd, but hey it can happen. So no jam code and none in history other than a few pickup jams but not excessive. I service these daily and it seems as I have seen this but can't remember. I'm going back out this week, I shall see, gonna look at that flag. According to the manual, there is no clutch, only a registration motor, but i turned it on in Smode and it activates the first registration roller, not the one at the transfer roller. (tried that on a working machine this morning).
    Make a bunch of copies....On a larger job run....if it's folding you'll probably get some jamming(even if infrequent) so check the latest jam codes after a big run. If it doesn't jam at all.....then you are correct...you'll just have to try the reg clutch or put an extra wrap on the reg flag and see if that's the fix.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ir3300

PS10 spring would not be worth a double wrap. Too much effort , replace the spring!!

Also some guys, stop wrapping the fuser sensor for 0112. Its a temp fix. The jam is bad . Buy a new 30 cent spring , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!