Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DRPD - Advance C5051 How to enable?

Need to know how to enable DRPD settings for faxing. I think its something that needs to be turned on under service menu but I don't really know what to look for,
    Can anyone help me on this? I also noticed while searching I did not find any help for the Advanced series so this would be a good time to wright a guide

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: DRPD - Advance C5051 How to enable?

Quote Originally Posted by supertype View Post
    Need to know how to enable DRPD settings for faxing. I think its something that needs to be turned on under service menu but I don't really know what to look for,
    Can anyone help me on this? I also noticed while searching I did not find any help for the Advanced series so this would be a good time to wright a guide
    ----------------------------------------
    I believe u should be looking for Setting Fax / Tel Switching Action
    Don't think DRPD is present for Advanced models--------------------------------------------

distinctive ring pattern detection (DRPD) service that assigns two phone numbers to one phone line, each of which makes the phone ring differently. If subscribing to this service, it is possible to program the machine to learn one phone number and distinctive ring for incoming faxes.

Use Distinctive Ring to set up the Canon fax device to answer one of the phone numbers as a fax only line. The phone number (ring pattern) that is taught to the Canon fax device will be answered as if the machine is in FAX mode. All other numbers on the same line will be answered as if the machine is in AUTO mode.

Before using the Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection (DRPD) option, the telephone service provider must install distinctive ring service on the telephone line connected to the fax device for use by incoming fax calls.

on some iR's it was under
    TX/RX Settings > press OK > Fax Settings > press OK > RX Settings > press OK > RX Mode > choose DRPD > press OK > DRPD: Select Fax > press OK >

At this juncture, choose one of the ring styles as agreed with the phone service provider:

Double Ring
    Short-Short-Long
    Short-Long-Short
    Other
    Normal

Reboot the device after all the settings have been set.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Setting Fax / Tel Switching Action on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series

There are parameters that may be set while using Fax / Tel Switching.

While using Fax / Tel switching the machine will answer the line when dialed. If the device hears the CNG Tone, (the beep beep sound that the sending fax makes), the machine will go into fax reception. If the CNG tone is not detected, the device will go into Fax / Tel mode whereby the handset will ring for a specified period of time allowing a user to receive a voice call.

If the device goes into Fax / Tel mode, the device will emit "Pseudo Rings" to the external handset for a while. If a user does not answer this "Pseudo Ring", the device will either go into fax reception mode or disconnect. This parameter may be selected using the following sequence.

Settings / Registration > (log in as administrator) > Function > Receive / Forward > Fax Settings > Select RX Mode > Fax / Tel Auto Switch.

The following will be displayed. Select "Set Details" as outlined below.

The Fax / Tel Switching action may be selected as shown below. The two available options are :

1) End - This means when the Fax/Tel Ring time expires the machine will disconnect.

2) Receive - This means when the Fax/Tel Ring time expires the machine will go into reception mode as opposed to hanging up.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Awesome Guide! I'll follow this to get my customer happy

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Cool Re: DRPD - Advance C5051 How to enable?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ----------------------------------------
    I believe u should be looking for Setting Fax / Tel Switching Action
    Don't think DRPD is present for Advanced models--------------------------------------------

distinctive ring pattern detection (DRPD) service that assigns two phone numbers to one phone line, each of which makes the phone ring differently. If subscribing to this service, it is possible to program the machine to learn one phone number and distinctive ring for incoming faxes.

Use Distinctive Ring to set up the Canon fax device to answer one of the phone numbers as a fax only line. The phone number (ring pattern) that is taught to the Canon fax device will be answered as if the machine is in FAX mode. All other numbers on the same line will be answered as if the machine is in AUTO mode.

Before using the Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection (DRPD) option, the telephone service provider must install distinctive ring service on the telephone line connected to the fax device for use by incoming fax calls.

on some iR's it was under
    TX/RX Settings > press OK > Fax Settings > press OK > RX Settings > press OK > RX Mode > choose DRPD > press OK > DRPD: Select Fax > press OK >

At this juncture, choose one of the ring styles as agreed with the phone service provider:

Double Ring
    Short-Short-Long
    Short-Long-Short
    Other
    Normal

Reboot the device after all the settings have been set.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Setting Fax / Tel Switching Action on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series

There are parameters that may be set while using Fax / Tel Switching.

While using Fax / Tel switching the machine will answer the line when dialed. If the device hears the CNG Tone, (the beep beep sound that the sending fax makes), the machine will go into fax reception. If the CNG tone is not detected, the device will go into Fax / Tel mode whereby the handset will ring for a specified period of time allowing a user to receive a voice call.

If the device goes into Fax / Tel mode, the device will emit "Pseudo Rings" to the external handset for a while. If a user does not answer this "Pseudo Ring", the device will either go into fax reception mode or disconnect. This parameter may be selected using the following sequence.

Settings / Registration > (log in as administrator) > Function > Receive / Forward > Fax Settings > Select RX Mode > Fax / Tel Auto Switch.

The following will be displayed. Select "Set Details" as outlined below.

The Fax / Tel Switching action may be selected as shown below. The two available options are :

1) End - This means when the Fax/Tel Ring time expires the machine will disconnect.

2) Receive - This means when the Fax/Tel Ring time expires the machine will go into reception mode as opposed to hanging up.
    Teckat,

They should add another book in the bible.

Because..

You are like a bible for copiers

Great info.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Teckat,

They should add another book in the bible.

Because..

You are like a bible for copiers

Great info.
    Thank you, How do you shut off Auto RX on Advance 500 (FAX Board-AM1) customer has (2) machines sharing (1) phone line. I've been through eManual & service manual, and can't find NCU>specialB>SW27 reference, or another way to set one machine to Manual RX.
    BS

Quote Originally Posted by brianSTX View Post
    Thank you, How do you shut off Auto RX on Advance 500 (FAX Board-AM1) customer has (2) machines sharing (1) phone line. I've been through eManual & service manual, and can't find NCU>specialB>SW27 reference, or another way to set one machine to Manual RX.
    BS
    maybe just set machine 2 for a higher answer ring 3 > 6 to be safe?

that way if machine 1 fails for some reason you have machine 2 for backup

Quote Originally Posted by brianSTX View Post
    BS
    ================================================== ====
    C5051 does not have NCU to adjust------- NCU is on/for Fax Machines and imageRUNNER units that do not have a user-defined ring count setting
    ================================================== ================================================== =============

IRADV series has a user-defined ring count setting

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 Series

User Mode > Function Settings > Receive/Forward

Select RX Mode
    * Default Setting

Auto RX*, Fax/Tel Auto Switch

Fax/Tel Auto Switch
    • Ring Start Time: 0 to 30 sec (8 sec*)
    • Ring Time: 15 to 300 sec (17 sec*)
    • F/T Switch Action: End, Receive*
    • Outgoing Message: On, Off*

RX Manual/Auto Switch

On
    , Off*

On
    F/T Ring Time: 1 to 99 sec (15 sec*)

[QUOTE=teckat;467663]================================================== ====
    C5051 does not have NCU to adjust------- NCU is on/for Fax Machines and imageRUNNER units that do not have a user-defined ring count setting
    ================================================== ================================================== =============

IRADV series has a user-defined ring count setting

Teckat thanks, I need to start a new thread, as the machine i'm asking about is an Advance 500iF. Your previous answer covered that very well.