Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IR C5250 ImagePass B2 32 bit PS driver?

Where can I get the 32 bit ps driver for the Image Pass B2. Canon's website has a combined 32 and 64 bit driver but it won't load up properly on my customers server, the 64 bit stations work fine but when installing on a 32 bit station it fails to install. Any ideas would be very helpful and appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Canon IR C5250 ImagePass B2 32 bit PS driver?

It loads on the server (64 bit, Server 2008) but can't be installed to the 32 bit station.

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    It loads on the server (64 bit, Server 2008) but can't be installed to the 32 bit station.

Hi,

For 32 BIT PC, which print method are using? Direct IP or browse to 64BIT server to created shared print into the PC

It works on direct IP but we are trying to get it to work through shared printer on server 64x

My client can print on the PS 64x stations, but the 32 bit stations when adding printer from the network does not install. You are able to find the printer in the list of printers from the 32 bit station on server, then highlight it and click "ok", for installing, then the cursor is doing something for 20-30 seconds (nothing happening) then it goes back to the list of printers you were just in. Nothing happened it kicked you back.

If you do install the printer direct on the station 32 bit everything is ok. My customer thinks it is the machine or the driver. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

This may not work for every combination of OS, but I have had success by installing the 32 bit driver locally and then requesting to install the shared driver on the server. The server then pulls the files from the from the local workstation.

When another 32bit workstation then requests to install the same printer, the files are shared from the server.

So you only to make one local install. My theory is that the 64 bit server cannot "run" the 32 bit driver files and therefore needs a 32 bit workstation to pull them from.

_ 250+ Posts

My client can print on the PS 64x stations, but the 32 bit stations when adding printer from the network does not install. You are able to find the printer in the list of printers from the 32 bit station on server, then highlight it and click "ok", for installing, then the cursor is doing something for 20-30 seconds (nothing happening) then it goes back to the list of printers you were just in. Nothing happened it kicked you back.

If you do install the printer direct on the station 32 bit everything is ok. My customer thinks it is the machine or the driver. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

In 64 bit server, shared printer icon right click "Properties". Under "Sharing" tab, click on "Additional" button. You ought to be able to see list of selectable tick boxes, 1 of it would be "x48". Put a tick, the rest is would be just to follow through to the folder of your 32 bit drivers of where you stored in folder .

Or you could follow what setright had post, it also work but just more mouse clicks

Above method is the theoretical correct way :-)

I just find that often a 64 bit system refuses to unzip the files and make them available for 32 bit.

When in the adding additional drivers window (on server) and you choose x86 for 32 bit drivers to install on server 64, then I get an install components from Windows Media window (copy files from R:/i386). We can find them and at a dead end for now. What components and where are they?

See attached images of messages. Please be informed that the Additional Drivers image is of the old C3220 (setup correctly) the way we are trying to setup which worked fine and we can't seem to set up the same way on the C5250. The IR C5250 installation, when chosen tick on x86 gives the message looking for R:/i386 (media components????) That is the second image from the C5250 install. This x86 stays as a NO under installed column

bsp-install5250.pdfbsp-installC3220.pdf

_ 250+ Posts

When in the adding additional drivers window (on server) and you choose x86 for 32 bit drivers to install on server 64, then I get an install components from Windows Media window (copy files from R:/i386). We can find them and at a dead end for now. What components and where are they? See attached images of messages. Please be informed that the Additional Drivers image is of the old C3220 (setup correctly) the way we are trying to setup which worked fine and we can't seem to set up the same way on the C5250. The IR C5250 installation, when chosen tick on x86 gives the message looking for R:/i386 (media components????) That is the second image from the C5250 install. This x86 stays as a NO under installed columnbsp-install5250.pdfbsp-installC3220.pdf
    Are you able to browse the folder directory when you see "R:/i386"? Browse to where you had install 64 bit driver. But look for that 32bit driver as per same method when you install 32 bit PC.