Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bnilsson

IR 1025 USB Problem

My Canon ir1025, purchased a few years ago, has been a great workhouse, but some time ago I had what I suspect was a lightning strike, as I lost the USB connectivity on it and a Brother printer. I replaced the Brother, but I'd like to get the printing capability back on the Canon, which has no other networking capability.

Is the USB port on a board I could easily (or not even easily) replace? Can you steer me to a good source for parts? Thanks!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IR 1025 USB Problem

Re: IR 1025 USB Problem

Quote Originally Posted by bnilsson View Post
    My Canon ir1025, purchased a few years ago, has been a great workhouse, but some time ago I had what I suspect was a lightning strike, as I lost the USB connectivity on it and a Brother printer. I replaced the Brother, but I'd like to get the printing capability back on the Canon, which has no other networking capability.

Is the USB port on a board I could easily (or not even easily) replace? Can you steer me to a good source for parts? Thanks!
    I will be more than glad to help you out.

There is a case when connecting the imageRUNNER 1023/1025 to a pc via an usb cable it would not recognize it as a printer. Does the PC recognize the hardware (iR1025)

Replacing the IP PCB (FM2-6094-000) and the ROM PCB (FM2-6082-0000) resolved this issue in this case. Part numbers vary depending on the serial number of the machine.

If you need,or want to try to repair your canon 1025. I can give you a quote on these pcb's and get them to you. Contact me below.
    Replacing these pcbs is really easy. If your somewhat tech savvy, you can probably do it.
    Last edited by SCREWTAPE; 09-17-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC