Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR C 3220 Lost it's connection with Network

Tried re-loading drivers and system cannot find the copier. Copier has been connected for years with-out a problem. My question is; Is the most common problem in this case the Network PCB on the copier. Haven't seen the machine yet. Will check ethernet cables etc... tomorrow

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: IR C 3220 Lost it's connection with Network

There are a variety of reasons for this but from experience I've found it to be usually related to the router itself. Ask lots of questions, like did you recently replace the router? or did you have a power outage? Customers quite often don't actually think that a brand new router or a brand new computer would effect this but there you go. Anyhow, i usually start by resetting the router then checking to see if all of the little green lights on the router cable outlets are lit, they do sometimes fail to light. And after that turn everything off and restart it all. If you still have problems then check that the ip addresses on everything are compatible. You know . . . 192.168.1.xxx or something like that. Still most likely the problem will just be to restart the router and copier and computers.

Ron

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron314 View Post
    There are a variety of reasons for this but from experience I've found it to be usually related to the router itself. Ask lots of questions, like did you recently replace the router? or did you have a power outage? Customers quite often don't actually think that a brand new router or a brand new computer would effect this but there you go. Anyhow, i usually start by resetting the router then checking to see if all of the little green lights on the router cable outlets are lit, they do sometimes fail to light. And after that turn everything off and restart it all. If you still have problems then check that the ip addresses on everything are compatible. You know . . . 192.168.1.xxx or something like that. Still most likely the problem will just be to restart the router and copier and computers.

Ron
    Thanks so much, I'll try that...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi,

I have a same case with our machine(iR3320, iRC3220N). I do not know why ... however it has been settled by setup more a cheap hub or a switch near copier and connect our LAN cable and copier into that Hub. The connection is fine. I thought that Hub has taken a part of repeater of network signal for old generation Canon copiers. That is the best solution for our case. Cheap and effect

Luu