Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: error E020-1060 canon IRC 2220

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Teckat,
    Thank you for the PDF's. I'm sure they will come in handy. I did fix the problem by re-using the old chips and made a note in the log
    for the life counts. I was afraid I was going to be all day pulling out the laser assy.
    After I replaced the chips the programs for the shutters started working. Probably something to do with
    the error code.
    The copy quality is very good now and the customer will not use aftermarket toner in the future.
    And I even got paid the same day.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

DR

hi.you dont wanna do this..chips hold important info..
    take out laser and clean..open it and clean all mirrors and polly mirror..you problem should be sorted.

reason..due so mirrors been dirty laser strength while doing init is out and mc cant do a proper init of drum..m and c laser has more mirrors to clean then bk and y.clean all

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    error E020-1060 canon IRC 2220

Thanks for all the in put. I will definitely clean all the mirrors should this code return.

Dr

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

those files are no longer there - any chance you could send them to me please?

thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    those files are no longer there - any chance you could send them to me please?

thanks in advance

Dropbox - E020-1060 and 0091.pdf

Dropbox - E020-1060--.pdf

Dropbox - e020-1060.pdf

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    OK, I'm having this problem after replacing the drums. And I have a couple of questions.
    I cleaned inside the machine as much as I could. I tried to use the open laser shutter program and it came
    back with an "NG" message. Same thing for the patch sensor shutter. I looked it over without removing the
    assembly, the linkage seems to be in place. So I taped the patch shutter open and still got the code.
    I did see the patches on the end of the t-belt.
    They looked ok, about .5 inch square. The patch sensors looked clean so I cleaned them again.
    I had trouble with the laser glasses. Not sure if I cleaned them well enough. I ran the open shutter
    program and like I said it came back with NG.
    I have downloaded the tech bulletins, this should keep me busy for awhile. Hope this fixes the damn thing.
    It seemed to run so well for the last 8 months.
    I did put the old yellow drum in and it came up with the same error code except it was for the magenta drum.
    Like it going right down the line. I bet if I put the old magenta drum back in the machine would code out only
    indicate the cyan drum.

firmware

DC-Con 67.05
    panel .03
    ECO 43.34
    mn-cont 46.01

There's more but I think this is the important stuff. Let me know if not. I will see this machine again tomorrow.
    I went through the Misc P print listing and nothing has changed in the Adjust Lv 1 and 2. Same with the options.

Any more info or other tech letters on this would be helpful
    Thanks

DR
    I was never a fan of using the "Open Shutter" feature to clean the laser unit. It's actually MUCH easier to remove the entire laser unit from the left side of the machine, and clean it that way.

You remove one cover, one fan duct, one spring and 3 cables and it slides right out. Obviously you need to be careful when putting it back in to not pinch or disconnect anything, but it's very easy to get to.

Thank you guitar9199,
    This whole post has been very helpful. I will have to save it in my tech help file.

DR

Agree with Guitar9199...

If you remove the laser, 9 times out of ten (or is it 99 out of a 100?) you'll see the whole casing of the laserunit is covered with toner...
    Johan

Hard to ignore all of you telling me to remove the laser unit and clean it. I did save the chips I believe. So I will make time
    to go back and clean the laser mirrors. After that I will install the new chips and see if the code returns.

Thank you everyone

DR

Well,
    It came back.

The black was faded badly along the bottom. The color was completely shot. I looked it over. The transfer belt looks fairly good
    despite being at about 89% of use. I ran the transfer belt cleaning task. It started throwing the E00020 code with different details.
    Mostly the detail was 03B0, ATR sensor high density black. I pulled the laser unit and cleaned the mirrors and reinstalled the original chips.
    Ran the Auto gradation program and the color kinda came back but the color registration was off toward the bottom. Then it gave the same
    code only for the magenta. Did this a couple of times so I put the used chip in the magenta drum and it stopped. I also got the code that point to the yellow and cyan Image units while I was running single color.
    The copy quality is good on the black and the full color looks pretty good also. When I run just yellow it looks like a ghost image in cyan or black.
    It does not show up on the full color prints, or single color magenta, cyan and black.
    I did see the patches on the t-belt and they looked pretty solid. The sensor shutter moves free and easy.

I think I screwed up the toner concentration in those drum. I will look through the book tonight for an answer.
    Is there anyway to recover the concentration back in correct range? It was only about 7000 prints ago.

Thanks

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hello DR I have felt your pain on the same issue. One thing I started doing on this series of copier is remove old drum close the door let the machine tell you the XX drum unit is not installed, then install new drum. I do this for every drum I replace and don't have the error since, good luck I have a machine that has been looked at by various techs and we give up on it