Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar

ira7055 e197 plus jam code 0cf1

scratching my head on this one guys - ira7055 was in for e197 and paper jam,foresight made me take a whole process tray that sorted the clients machine.....but back at that workshop after replacing the loom on said tray I have cleared error but still have jam code 0cf1 ,helpdesk are as always redundant(telling me i need to replace mn cont etc,even though this is a different machine) also cant tell me exactly where 0cf1 , have checked sims & ufo but v.little info.....

any ideas guys(& gals)

regards as always

Alex

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: ira7055 e197 plus jam code 0cf1

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    scratching my head on this one guys - ira7055 was in for e197 and paper jam,foresight made me take a whole process tray that sorted the clients machine.....but back at that workshop after replacing the loom on said tray I have cleared error but still have jam code 0cf1 ,helpdesk are as always redundant(telling me i need to replace mn cont etc,even though this is a different machine) also cant tell me exactly where 0cf1 , have checked sims & ufo but v.little info.....

any ideas guys(& gals)

regards as always

Alex
    Hi Alex, a couple of Tech experiences - hope they help.

The 0CF1 jam occurs at start up and does not reset. The code will clear and come back after the machine is rebooted and cycles. There were no error code related to the jam in service history. The tech did notice noise coming from the fixing unit when the machine was cycling.

Cause

After inspecting the fixing unit the tech found that a small bearing came off the old fixing belt unit and was stuck in the M47 Fixing Pressure Release Motor gears preventing the lower belt from lifting.

Action
    Tech removed the bearing from the gears and that corrected the issue. (Note This code could also be caused by broken gears, an obstruction preventing the motor from lifting up or down or a bad M47 motor (FL2-8589-000).

The jam code 0CF1 is occurring at power on. The 0CF1 is a logic jam and normally is proceeded by an error code in the error history. In this case, there was no error code displayed in the history.

Action

In this case, replacing the Sensor PCB for Sensor UN17 resolved the power on jam. The part number for the UN17 Sensor PCB is FM3-9577-000.

When 0CF1, 0CA1, 0CA2 or 0CA3 are displayed in the UI, follow the display instructions (open door, move lever, etc.) three times without power cycling the engine. The machine will then display the actual error code that these retry codes are masking.

Symptom
    • The copier is displaying an error code of E197.
    • The copier may also indicate 'Suspended...' on the display.
    • A check of the Fixing temperature in display, reveals the Fixing Unit temperature is dropping.
    • E197 Error Code can be displayed when the laser scanner motor causes a communication error.

Cause
    • The E197 indicates a problem with the Laser Scanner Motor communication. It has been found that a poor connection of the Video PCB, or a problem in the related wiring may cause one or both of the aforementioned problems.
    • Faulty / Pinched Wiring (FM2-5427-000)
    • Paper in Duplex / Fixing Feeder Connectors
    • Damaged Duplex Connector (J322)
    • Damaged Fixing Feeder Connector (J197 / J180)
    • Wiring Short / DC Short Circuit to Ground in the Duplex Assembly
    • The Transfer/Separation Corona Assembly had poor contact with the high voltage contact point, electrical noise occurred, consequently causing the error code.
    • Fuser Bias Tab shorted to the Fixing Frame Assembly due to a broken Heater Holder.
    • Faulty Video PCB
    • Faulty Conversion Cable
    • Defective Laser Scanner Assembly
    • Fixing Bias Short (See this article for more information )
    • Bias Cable that is connected to the Transfer Guide has a short (See this article for more information )

Action
    • Check I/O mode for proper detection of the Duplex Unit (Through path tray detection @ P005 bit 13). It should indicate a "1" when the Duplex tray is in the copier. (The Service Manual states it should indicate "0"). This is incorrect. Also, Check P005 bit 14, for the Fixing Unit Transport Release Lever Sensor. It should indicate "0" when locked into position, "1" when released.
    • Check the Fixing Feeder Connector (J197 / J180). If found to be damaged, replace it with a new one (FM2-5091-000).
    • Check the Duplex Connector (J322). If found to be damaged, replace it with a new one (FM2-5092-000).
    • Replace the Duplex Assembly (FM2-5872-000).
    • Slide out the Fixing/Feeder Assembly, and then check if the Transfer/Separation Corona Assembly [1] moves up and down smoothly within its movable range [2]. If the Transfer/Separation Corona Assembly does not move smoothly, loosen the screw [4] for the fixing plate [3], and tighten it again in the position in which the assembly can move smoothly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar

i owe you a beer bud!

When 0CF1, 0CA1, 0CA2 or 0CA3 are displayed in the UI, follow the display instructions (open door, move lever, etc.) three times without power cycling the engine. The machine will then display the actual error code that these retry codes are masking.

client had slammed original unit so hard - they had broken the connectors(cracked) and the fuser had become misplaced with the front cam motor now defunct.....

thanks alot!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

any ideas guys(& gals)

regards as always

Alex
    -------------------------------------
    all good information has been posted

make sure to check the Service Error History/ it will paint a picture of where to look

look at listings before 0CF1 listing

If fixing motor M48 is not turning, an 0FC1 jam will be generated.
    Check for paper or damage to the connector J8024 behind the registration assembly.
    Below is a circuit diagram of the fixing motor.

Check for 38 VDC on connector CN101 pin 1 on the fixing motor M48 (Shown as J7612 on the diagram above).
    If 38 VDC is measured replaced the fixing motor FK2-7899-000.
    If 38 VDC is not measured at CN101 pin 1, check for 38 VDC on J1818 pin 3 on the relay board UN7.
    If 38 VDC is not measured on J1818 pin 3, replace the Fixing Power Supply Relay PCB. UN36 FM3-9586-000.
    If 38 VDC is measured on J1818 pin 3, check for 38VDC on J1816 pin 7 on the relay board UN7.
    If 38VDC is measured on J1818 pin 3 and 0Vdc is measured on J1816 pin 7 replace the relay board FM3-9578-000.
    If 38 VDC is measured on J1818 pin 3 and J1816 pin 7 check for a short or open from the connector behind the registration to the Fixing motor.

In this case replacing the fixing motor resolved the issue.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

i owe you a beer bud!

client had slammed original unit so hard - they had broken the connectors(cracked) and the fuser had become misplaced with the front cam motor now defunct.....

thanks alot!

------------------------------

don't u just "LOVE CANON"
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i owe you a beer bud!

thanks alot!

You got the GOOD result Mate.... that's what matters - cheers.