Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    _ 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR3245 Processing data

Hi,

What about "Spooler=NO" & " RIP AFTER PRINT" in the machine user setting?

Do note that for PDF, there is also a setting to "Print as image". This would improve the printing processing but this is only for PDF files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HELIO240 View Post
    Hello, thanks to everyone who answered my topic so far.
    Even with a straight windows test page with the UFRII driver it shows processing?
    The defect occurs intermittently with various types of files. Doc,. Pdf, etc.. With the test page also locks the windows, but as said intermittently.
    Could it be the [security] settings in the machine restricting the print jobs?
    The security is in OFF Print Jobs. The printer is disabled with ID.
    I am at least 02 devices in this situation. Folks, I need more tips.
    By 'the defect occurs intermittently', you mean sometimes the device outputs the prints and at times it does not?
    You also mean you have two similar devices..iR 3245s , [on the same network?], behaving in exactly the same manner?
    If your answer to the two questions above is 'ayeee', then most likely you have a Setup and connectivity issue. I suggest you call in their IT guy and do a 'collabo'. Assuming you are on a TCP\IP network, you could still re-crosscheck that the m\c is connected to the network using the proper cable [a cable swap with a known good working one ] isn't a bad idea to begin with. Check connection to machine for proper contact.
    - Confirm that the IP addresses [IPv4 or IPv6, which ever they are using] are properly set up. Were the IP addresses set up using DHCP,BOOTP or RARP? Try Static or fixed addressing .
    - As already suggested in earlier posts, install manually the driver on each individual computer connected to the network, rather than entrusting the task to the server.
    -If you are printing from Windows 7, from the control panel click open the 'Devices and printer', right click on the defaulted printer icon, then click on 'Printer properties'...NOT 'properties', Select the desired printer as the destination printer. Send a Test page.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

hi, I tried this COPIER > OPTION > BODY > RAW-DATA SET TO 1 (level 2) but dont work. Thanks for your tip. I Am still needing of helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    By 'the defect occurs intermittently', you mean sometimes the device outputs the prints and at times it does not?
    You also mean you have two similar devices..iR 3245s , [on the same network?], behaving in exactly the same manner?
    If your answer to the two questions above is 'ayeee', then most likely you have a Setup and connectivity issue. I suggest you call in their IT guy and do a 'collabo'. Assuming you are on a TCP\IP network, you could still re-crosscheck that the m\c is connected to the network using the proper cable [a cable swap with a known good working one ] isn't a bad idea to begin with. Check connection to machine for proper contact.
    - Confirm that the IP addresses [IPv4 or IPv6, which ever they are using] are properly set up. Were the IP addresses set up using DHCP,BOOTP or RARP? Try Static or fixed addressing .
    - As already suggested in earlier posts, install manually the driver on each individual computer connected to the network, rather than entrusting the task to the server.
    -If you are printing from Windows 7, from the control panel click open the 'Devices and printer', right click on the defaulted printer icon, then click on 'Printer properties'...NOT 'properties', Select the desired printer as the destination printer. Send a Test page.
    The two copies are of the different networks and happens the same problem. The driver was installed in the pcs manually, with static ip in the printer. such as I said the defect occurs intermittently . The canon no have aswers for my questions, I will try change the dc controller. But I like to make sure that. Thanks for your tip. If you got any more I am here. Thanks everybody.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

One more tip, try connect a PC using USB cable (use a good cable) and see if that also have errors.
    The print processing is on the Main Controler board not the DC controler, if copying is normal then DC Controler is OK.
    Try replacing the Memory DIMMS and Hard drive with a known good one.

Hello gentlemen! I still need help.
    Machine is "processing and does not print, you must turn off the machine on / off switch and on again. Has anyone got this defect?
    Procedure already done:
    Formatted HD and reinstalled the system, not solved.
    Tested PCL, UFR, OS xp,server 2008, win 7 ,win 8,PCB main controller , Pc differents ,Lap tops and not solved.
    RAW port, LPR, LPR 2 canon, not solved
    Clear DCOM, MMI, has not solved
    HD check, copier / function / system / HD-check (with check type 0,1,2,3 and 4)
    Clear HD partitions, copier / function / system / HD-clear (check with type 0,1,2,3 and 4)
    Version used in all these equipment
    MN-CONT 46.01
    DC-CON 20:01
    R-CON 14:01
    BOOTROM 03:25
    i had the same problem like u before, the solution i done was clear the MN-CON. well, its work for me~

Senior Tech 100+ Posts IkeW0491's Avatar

Hi Helio,

Have you tried New Network cables??

Sometimes you can have a cable that has an intermittent signal loss due to some defect in the cable.

I can't tell you how many times I have had to track down an issue like that with it ending up being a faulty cable.

Also if possible move the drop on the switch to a different port.

Could also be an issue with the port being a little bit flaky.

These might be quicker than getting and putting in a MCB!

Just an Idea.

IKE

PS: "The two copies are of the different networks and happens the same problem" Are they both in the same building?? being serviced by the same MDF/IDF??

The two copies are of the different networks and happens the same problem. The driver was installed in the pcs manually, with static ip in the printer. such as I said the defect occurs intermittently . The canon no have aswers for my questions, I will try change the dc controller. But I like to make sure that. Thanks for your tip. If you got any more I am here. Thanks everybody.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well, this is a little tricky! Just one or two more tips: Assuming the two copiers are within the same building or location, could it be 'electrical noise' due to 'mains' line interference, causing signal distortion? If you are using extension socket, try to plug the copier direct to the mains wall outlet or socket. OR Try to move the copier to another location.
    - Are you using a cat5 or cat5e Ethernet cable? What about the network HUB or SWITCH or ROUTER connecting the devices on the network, does it support the mixed environment...i.e 10Base-T, 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T? The machine can automatically sense and connect to the mixed environment, but the HUB need to support this.
    -What happens when you try to spool the print jobs from the computers.
    - As already suggested, try to connect the machines using USB cable and observe the printing effects and compare.
    NB: Settings specified from the control panel of the machine become effective after the machine is restarted. Turn off the machine, wait for at least 10 seconds then turn on again.

*** This is a 'CASE STUDY', it is interesting to know how we shall get to the bottom of this problem. Please keep us posted.
    Good Luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Borsody75's Avatar

Hi Helio

I have bad news.

We had more than 5 Mn Controller changed with this unerasable print job problem.

With a brand new Controller the problem solved.

If you have another client which uses iR3225 and doesn't uses the print function, try to interchange the Main Controllers (without memory, and Counter board!)
    It worths a try.

Rarely could the Memory or HDD cause this problem.

Technician

I've had this issue myself while I was working in a high paced environment, for the IR32XX series we would all the time switch between drivers...mostly the UFRII version 14. would fix the problems, but the strange thing is that in the same network some PC's would print without this problem and some would jam the queue with the processing message, so what I've always done was to find the particular PC that causes the print jam (using system monitor and details to see the user name) and than I'd just try to roll different drivers on that PC only. (Initially we would change the drivers for all the PC's and different PC's would cause this problem).

I could never relate this problem to anything (I was always checking everything on all the machines with this problem without finding any clue as to what is wrong) - most of our copiers would have been restored to factory settings or cleared in the main service mode areas before shipping.

Most of the times our solution to the problem was isolating the PC that causes the "processing error" - if PCL was installed we'd switch to UFR vers.14 and the other way around. Older systems (say WIN XP - would just roll with the classic PCL5). When this solution didn't work, and because we had tons of machines - we'd just replaced the copier. The copiers that didn't work would end up rented to someone else - most of the time without having the same problem again.

Conclusion: As odd as it may sound....it could be a networking issue. Wiring or something...or i'd go farther saying that the canon drivers need some tweaking and adaptation to the forever changing/updating of the Microsoft OS.

Hope this helps..somehow!