Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

iR2545i jam code 010A

I have a iR2545i with more than 500,000 copies. It has 2-way unit and internal finisher. It indicates 010A jam constantly when I try to make 2 sides copies ot prints. The single-sided ones work well. In the past I had this failure and I fixed it by replacing the Engine Controller PCB for a new one. But now I do the same and the problem persists.
    I believe the SL4 solenoid and its deflector is not activated and the sheet takes the wrong path, it goes to the output instead of going to the reverse unit. Delay jam is dectected by sensor S40. I've replaced the engine controller and it did'nt work. Swapped also the two-way unit in another iR2545 and the complete the right door, as well, and worked fine on the other machine.
    Next step was to order a new Engine Controller PCB, Second Reverse Driver PCB and solenoid SL4. But I don't know if I´m in the right way.
    Any idea? Or someone that has happened this failure.

Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: iR2545i jam code 010A

See attached PDF

Jas

010A.pdf

Technician

Thanks a lot northernlife, but in my case the linkage is ok. As I said I checked whit another right door assembly.

So you can flap the solenoid manually and it's not sticking and bottoming out correctly? Try a firmware flash before you change any more parts. If firmware doesn't fix it then I would swap a dc-con with the working machine. If the dcon doesn't work then it's most definitely a pinched wire somewhere dragging down 24v.

Technician

Yes I can flap it manually and it works fine. I've already swapped engine controller with the working one. And today I replaced it for a new one. At first it was ok. And I thought it was fixed, but while I was trying it to be sure making 2 sided copies it sarted fail once again. Then I tried swap the reverse unit assembly in the working copier and no worked. But the worts thing is now I have the same problem both machines.
    ??????

so you've changed the reverse assembly and right door, and now you have two machines that are giviing 010A's? Again I must reiterate firmware before trying anything else. Let's make sure that the software is happy and not glitching. There may be a different version of a particular board that's incompatible with the particular version of software. I'd try that before starting to snip tie wraps.

Edit: Would also try a clear all on both units.