Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Celerity

IR2880 Printing from different software produces different results (Vertical lines)

Hello All !

I am using the 2880 as a printer, printing .tif, .jpg, .bmp or .png files.

Problem from when my user tried to print from Publisher 2010. : Colors appear ok, but there are thin lines vertically along the image. The lines come and go throughout the printing page - Some lines are 15cm long, then a 6 cm break, then 20cm long, then a 10cm break, then another 20cms long) The lines are repeated horizontally every 5mm or so. Colors affected appear to be mainly G/Y and things printed in White have no lines at all. In fact, the area around the White (that may contain g/y) don't have the lines at all. As if the errors are avoiding White.

When I print the same image from an older MS software such as MSPaint or the old Image and Picture viewer - The images appear fine. When I use a newer software (MS Office 2010 Picture Viewer and Picture Manager) the lines appear.

I am using the UFR II driver, and I can reproduce the issue on multiple computers.

So with that in mind, I'm thinking "Some sort of MS update or mistranslation from newer MS Printing algorithms to the UFR driver that isn't present in older MS products".

What do you folks think ?

-> Steve

P.S. Scanning from the glass produces fantastic results. Problem isn't with the copier (At least I'm pretty sure it isn't)
    P.P.S. I have made sure the paper and color selections are appropriate. The condition does not change with different paper, reolution settings, palette settings or tray selections (Tried both bypass and tray)

Celerity

Re: IR2880 Printing from different software produces different results (Vertical line

Solved:

I put the PCL5c driver in it's place. Both 32 and 64 bit drivers took care of the lines.

As far as I can figure, Canon didn't have the newest Microsoft resolution / scan / interlacing / whatever algorithms, so the UFRII driver didn't handle it.

The older MS products (Photoshop, irfanview, ACDSee, as well) are good in both the PCL and PS drivers as well as the UFR. New Office stuff seems to not agree with the UFRII drivers. It DOES however still agree with the PCL5C driver.

Celerity

Re: IR2880 Printing from different software produces different results (Vertical line

Update :

The user returned to her Windows 7 / Office 2010 machine and attempted to print a photo using the bypass tray as a source with glossy photo.

This is the same test I used when I replaced the UFRII driver with the PCL5c driver. When she does it - It won't print from the bypass. No error generated.

From the glass, it will use the bypass.

I'm starting to see some real issues with the drivers and newer Office products.

I will update this thread with findings

Celerity

Update:

Again, printing is ok with older Microsoft products. When I print from newer products (Office 2010 picture viewer) I have to print to the UFRII driver to recognize the bypass tray - But lines will appear.

Printing to the old PCL 5c driver, it will print without the lines, but also ignore the bypass tray.

Work is ongoing.