Thread: Canon IR1025if

Canon IR1025if

I have a canon IR1025if set up to send to pc folder it works fine in B/W. How do I send color files to a folder or can I. Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR1025if

Re: Canon IR1025if

Quote Originally Posted by drvett82 View Post
    I have a canon IR1025if set up to send to pc folder it works fine in B/W. How do I send color files to a folder or can I. Thank you
    -------------------------
    Canon Configurator

iR1024_Series Scanner Driver Guide.pdf

Color pull scanning is available via the USB 2.0 interface using ScanGear iR and iR Toolbox.

Color scanning is supported over a USB 2.0 connection.

1. ScanGear iR - ScanGear iR is a 32-bit TWAIN and WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) compliant driver that is bundled with the main unit. WIA is a standard for downloading images from scanners or digital cameras (on Windows XP only). Through the imageRUNNER 1023 Series color scan feature, users can capture and digitize important information for easy storage/archival or incorporate it into other documents electronically from the platen glass or DADF.

ScanGear iR is user-friendly and is a great tool for small businesses and workgroups with light scanning requirements.

2. iR Toolbox - In addition to its advanced scan driver, the imageRUNNER 1023 Series includes Canon iR Toolbox, an intuitive, easy-to-use tool bar that sits on the desktop and takes the complication out of scanning. Along with the ability to specify a multitude of scan settings, iR Toolbox lets you choose from a variety of additional options such as:

[Mail]: The document will be scanned and attached to an e-mail message in your email application.
    [OCR]: The text will be scanned and read by the OCR software.
    [PDF]: The text will be scanned and saved as a PDF file.
    [Scan-1], [Scan-2]: The text will be scanned and appear in the registered application (up to 8 characters long).

Below is the iR Toolbox that is available on your desktop:

Scanning through the iR Toolbox is accomplished as follows:
    1) Place originals on the platen glass or in the document feeder.
    2) On the Windows desktop, double click the [Canon iR Toolbox 4.9] icon to open the iR Toolbox.
    3) Click one of the scanning buttons.
    4) Specify the required settings (iR Toolbox Settings).
    5) Click [Start].
    6) Specify the required settings (ScanGear iR Settings).
    7) Click [Scan].

Creating One PDF File from Two or More Pages: This feature has the ability to scan two or more pages and make them into one PDF File. Plus, the ability to choose from PDF Settings such as:

[Create Searchable PDF]: Converts the characters in the document to text data and makes the PDF document searchable with keywords.
    [Text Language]: Select the language of the text to be scanned.
    [PDF Compression]: Select [High] for color images such as photos or illustrations to be further compressed.

Scanning Large Documents: This feature provides the ability to scan a document larger than the platen glass by combining pieces scanned separately using the 'Stitch Assist' mode.

Scanning with the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Driver (Windows XP only): In addition to being TWAIN compliant, the new imageRUNNER 1023 Series devices offer WIA-compliant Scanning as standard for downloading images from scanners used with Windows XP.

Variety of file formats: User's may choose from a variety of file formats to use when scanning documents including popular PDF formats. You may even create searchable PDF files to search documents by using keywords. The chart below displays the different file formats in conjunction with the different Toolbox options:

Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I don't know 100+ Posts vandezo's Avatar

Cool Re: Canon IR1025if

nnnndp

I don't know 100+ Posts vandezo's Avatar

Cool Re: Canon IR1025if

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    -------------------------
    Canon Configurator

iR1024_Series Scanner Driver Guide.pdf

Color pull scanning is available via the USB 2.0 interface using ScanGear iR and iR Toolbox.

Color scanning is supported over a USB 2.0 connection.

1. ScanGear iR - ScanGear iR is a 32-bit TWAIN and WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) compliant driver that is bundled with the main unit. WIA is a standard for downloading images from scanners or digital cameras (on Windows XP only). Through the imageRUNNER 1023 Series color scan feature, users can capture and digitize important information for easy storage/archival or incorporate it into other documents electronically from the platen glass or DADF.

ScanGear iR is user-friendly and is a great tool for small businesses and workgroups with light scanning requirements.

2. iR Toolbox - In addition to its advanced scan driver, the imageRUNNER 1023 Series includes Canon iR Toolbox, an intuitive, easy-to-use tool bar that sits on the desktop and takes the complication out of scanning. Along with the ability to specify a multitude of scan settings, iR Toolbox lets you choose from a variety of additional options such as:

[Mail]: The document will be scanned and attached to an e-mail message in your email application.
    [OCR]: The text will be scanned and read by the OCR software.
    [PDF]: The text will be scanned and saved as a PDF file.
    [Scan-1], [Scan-2]: The text will be scanned and appear in the registered application (up to 8 characters long).

Below is the iR Toolbox that is available on your desktop:

Scanning through the iR Toolbox is accomplished as follows:
    1) Place originals on the platen glass or in the document feeder.
    2) On the Windows desktop, double click the [Canon iR Toolbox 4.9] icon to open the iR Toolbox.
    3) Click one of the scanning buttons.
    4) Specify the required settings (iR Toolbox Settings).
    5) Click [Start].
    6) Specify the required settings (ScanGear iR Settings).
    7) Click [Scan].

Creating One PDF File from Two or More Pages: This feature has the ability to scan two or more pages and make them into one PDF File. Plus, the ability to choose from PDF Settings such as:

[Create Searchable PDF]: Converts the characters in the document to text data and makes the PDF document searchable with keywords.
    [Text Language]: Select the language of the text to be scanned.
    [PDF Compression]: Select [High] for color images such as photos or illustrations to be further compressed.

Scanning Large Documents: This feature provides the ability to scan a document larger than the platen glass by combining pieces scanned separately using the 'Stitch Assist' mode.

Scanning with the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Driver (Windows XP only): In addition to being TWAIN compliant, the new imageRUNNER 1023 Series devices offer WIA-compliant Scanning as standard for downloading images from scanners used with Windows XP.

Variety of file formats: User's may choose from a variety of file formats to use when scanning documents including popular PDF formats. You may even create searchable PDF files to search documents by using keywords. The chart below displays the different file formats in conjunction with the different Toolbox options:

where i can get driver scanner ir1025if for USB driver win 7 its not same with ir1023 usb scanner driver

Quote Originally Posted by drvett82 View Post

Hi,

Is Canon IR 1025if networked or USB connected?

All the best

Canon IR1025if

Quote Originally Posted by vandezo View Post
    where i can get driver scanner ir1025if for USB driver win 7 its not same with ir1023 usb scanner driver
    =================================

iR_1025_Scanner Driver_v11.3.0.0.zip/ may work

{iR 1025 Scanner Driver v11.3.0.0 for imageRUNNER 1025 Series (Supports Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit)

[Windows 32bit&64bit] iR Toolbox Ver.4.9.1.1.ir03
    [Windows 32bit&64bit] iR Toolbox Ver.4.9.1.1.ir03

read old link
    Canon imageRUNNER iR1023iF scanner install problem on Win7 64bit - Microsoft Community
    Last edited by teckat; 10-16-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Canon IR1025if

BartC

How to install the USB scanning function for the:
    Canon 1023 and 1025 family of MFP

For anyone using a Canon imageRunner iR1023iF with Windows 7 , who can’t get the scanner function to work, here is how I did it.

Special thanks must go to Pascal Rudnik who pointed me in the right direction. Also, this should work for the three in the Canon iR1023 family, and may also work for the Canon iR1025 family. (They all seem to use the same drivers.)

The iR1023iF MFP has both a USB connection and a wired LAN connection. The device will print and fax via either USB or RJ45. But it will scan only via the USB port. And, herein lies the problem.

When one runs the setup for Win7, at one point in the install, the dialog asks if you are installing for LAN or USB. The LAN branch of the install goes off just fine. However, when one re-runs the install for the USB port to enable the scanning functions, it fails.

Here is the solution:

Go to the Canon site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor..._1023n_1023if/

and pick your variant: the 1023, the 1023N, or the 1023iF

then drill down to Windows > Vista 64 and then pick Drivers and Software

Then find this driver (latest as of this writing: April 9, 2012):

(Clicking on the file names will open up a description)

iR1023_vista_2003_xp_x64_Setup.exe 02/08/08 36,039 KB

File Name: iR1023_vista_2003_xp_x64_Setup.exe

PCL5e/6-FAX-UFRII LT Setup Installer for Microsoft /2003 Server/Vista 64-bit editions. These drivers are for Microsoft Windows 64-bit Operating Systems only. (36,039)

Download the driver and DO NOT run it. Use your favorite un-zip program to unpack the driver set into some convenient folder.

Next be sure the printer is not connected via USB, and the following steps are done with Admin rights.

Then go to the Device Manager:

Click on the Start Orb, then RMB (Right Mouse Button) on Computer > Manage > Device Manager

In the right pane of the window, RMB on the top most icon which should be the one with the computer’s name.

Click on Add legacy hardware, then click on Next.

Pick the Radio Button for manual install and click Next.

Click on Imaging Devices and click Next.

Be sure none of the displayed devices (if any are listed) show selected and click Have disk...

Then click on Browse in the next dialog and steer to the folder where you unpacked that downloaded driver set.

The drive dialog should already be filtered for *. files and you should see a file called:

IR22SCN.inf

Select that file and click Open.

If all has gone well, this should for the scanner.

Let it all finish, and then turn on the 1023 printer and selected Scan on the panel. Plug the printer into a USB port, and Windows should report installing.

Let that finish, and to be on the safe side do a reboot and try it out.

BTW: Once the scanner is installed then you can use the Canon iRToolbox to do your scanning. It is a decent scanning utility. (As of this writing it is v4.9)

BTW#2: Canon claimed to me that the 1023 would not work with Windows7 64bit for scanning!!!

BTW#3: If you have tried installing this printer for scanning and failed I suggest that you uninstall any previously installed attempts and try it fresh.

It is a very sad note that Canon, a respected technology company can not write an install routine that could accommodate Windows 7 64 bit. Especially since they already have WHQL cert drivers that work.

enjoy...
    bc

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

I have the driver for 32/64 bits and works successfully
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Canon345

It would be awesome if someone could find an old install disk. Im interested.