Canon imagepress c1 firmware upgrade

Hi gents,

hope you guys can help me with this one,

was trying to upgrade the Imagepress C1 to the latest firmware (ver 66.04) using a usb stick to do the upgrade. service support tool is version 4.33e.

when i run it i get this error: CANT GET "TGM" - FILE REGISTRATION ERROR

1.jpg

thanks, as always guys....
    SAZ911..........

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon imagepress c1 firmware upgrade

TGM may be target machine. There is firmware failure in USB so program could not find suitable firmware.
    Try to register firmware into USB and do it again.
    If the problem still persists, pls check firmware and USB

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    Hi gents,

hope you guys can help me with this one,

was trying to upgrade the Imagepress C1 to the latest firmware (ver 66.04) using a usb stick to do the upgrade. service support tool is version 4.33e.

when i run it i get this error: CANT GET "TGM" - FILE REGISTRATION ERROR

1.jpg

thanks, as always guys....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    note :that when the inserted thumbdrive does not have the correct system software for the intended copier series, the download menu will not be displayed in the copier console.

u can use the Models USB Firmware for this Model by dragging downloaded USB FOLDER into USB>

Note 1: some device models have USB firmwarethat can be downloaded, extracted to a certain folder and finally dragged to a usb thumb drive that has sufficient space to accommodate the system software files.

or using the SST Firmware ver for model to register in stick/ as shown below

After registering a new System Software firmware to Service Support Tool (SST), select the USB as the target (Figure 1). On the drop down, in Figure 2, choose the drive letter corresponding to the USB drive that was previously inserted and successfully detected by the computer where Service Support Tool is running. On the right pane of the Service Support Tool window, choose the device series (Figure 4), and firmware version (Figure 5) where flashing is intended. Press the Start button in the center pane of the SST window to commence SST-to-USB firmware copy (Figure 6). Press the OK button in Figure 8, to complete the file copy operation. At this point, the usb thumb drive is now ready to be used for flashing an imageRUNNER device.

Figure 1. Select the target to be the USB drive

Figure 2. On the drop down button, choose the drive letter that corresponds to the previously detected USB thumb drive.

Figure 3. Information that the device in drive h: is a valid drive and is usable for file copy.

Figure 4. Choose the device series that you want to copy to the usb thumb drive.

Figure 5. Choose firmware version in the drop down list.

Figure 6. Click the start button to commence copy.

Figure 7. Copy process is in progress

Figure 8. Press OK after file copy is complete.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USING THE USB
    The process is performed in this manner:
    1. Perform Shutdown procedure and switch the copier OFF (if it does not switch OFF automatically.)
    2. Insert the previously prepared USB thumb drive to an available USB port at the back of the device.
    3. While pressing the 2 and 8 keys, turn the copier ON.
    4. At this point, the progress bar will briefly display, followed by the "---Download Mode---" screen, which will then change to the USB Dowload Menu
    Choose the action from the options menu presented.

then Follow on-screen directions.

Finally, power the device OFF when prompted, and then ON again to complete the system software upgrade.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

@ TECHKAT.

thanks for that, i did configure the usb drive using service support tool as you described. but when i run the update from the download menu after booting up the machine, is when i get this error.

i will try copying the firmware to the stick without using service support tool and give it a try.

thanks as always, much appreciated...will let you know how it goes...
    SAZ911..........

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    @ TECHKAT.

thanks for that, i did configure the usb drive using service support tool as you described. but when i run the update from the download menu after booting up the machine, is when i get this error.

i will try copying the firmware to the stick without using service support tool and give it a try.

thanks as always, much appreciated...will let you know how it goes...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    note:

U can only drag the imagePressC1 Firmware USB Folder into the stick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u have a clean empty formatted stick to use
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

HI all,

so i tried setting up a usb stick for the download, an no matter what i tried it just would'nt upgrade, in the end i just did it the old fashioned way of connecting the laptop via network cable, and that worked perfectly.

thanks for all the feedback.
    SAZ911..........

Quote Originally Posted by nghialuuvn View Post
    TGM may be target machine. There is firmware failure in USB so program could not find suitable firmware.
    Try to register firmware into USB and do it again.
    If the problem still persists, pls check firmware and USB
    Hello,

Please let me know if it is possible to get by email the last firmware update for the canon Imagepress C1 and the SSL tool.
    My email is faxadipan@gmail.com.
    Thank you.