Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    twowayradioman

canon ir c3320 stopped emailing

we use a canon irc3220 here at the shop for scanning and printing, and it stopped sending our scans via email at the start of the month (roughly).
    repair guy says it is because gmail changed the settings on their end (we used a gmail account for sending), but our current email provider (bluehost account) isn't compatible either.
    Copy guy says machine works fine, that the IT guy (3rd party) doesn't have his stuff right.
    IT guys says copy machine guy is full of BS, and something is wrong with the machine.

Copy machine guy says this isn't covered by our service agrement (nothing wrong with machine) and bills us $125/hr to deal with anything related to this. I have been unable to get a good explanation about the problem.

I've tried setting up the copier on a gmail account with no success, and tried our bluehost acocunt with no success.
    I've tried sending to "user folders", but that doesn't send a PDF, just a image file. We need to be able to send PDFs around the office, so that we can then email forms and such.

Anyone having similiar problems?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: canon ir c3320 stopped emailing

Run an SMTP server on your laptop. Windows XP comes with IIS that can be installed via the additional features page. Put your laptop via a crossover with the machine itself. Set up the copiers email settings to point to your laptop and see if that sends. Always eliminate the customers network/infrastructure right off the bat. At that point for me at my dealership it becomes a billable IT call.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar
    Most likely Google changed the port.
    This needs to be adjusted on the copier

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: canon ir c3320 stopped emailing

still using 587 for outgoing with TLS