Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon iR-C4080

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

Canon iR-C4080

hello again

this machine is putting very fine wavy lines down the near-side of prints - the lines are so thin it's hard to tell what colour

am i correct recalling that DCB's move left/right? so it may just be a sick drum unit?

ideas please?

Andy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Re: Canon iR-C4080

Yes, Drums or cleaning blades will leave lines in the FEED direction, the direction the paper is

travelling.

If you want to know what color the lines are, look at them under a magnifying glass or a Loupe. This

will help you identify the problematic component, such as a drum unit (colored lines) or transfer cleaning blade (brownish lines).

Happy Hunting~!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

Quote Originally Posted by its_just_a_copier View Post
    Yes, Drums or cleaning blades will leave lines in the FEED direction, the direction the paper is

travelling.

If you want to know what color the lines are, look at them under a magnifying glass or a Loupe. This

will help you identify the problematic component, such as a drum unit (colored lines) or transfer cleaning blade (brownish lines).

Happy Hunting~!

to further clarify,, does the ITB cleaning blade move left/right (leaving wavy lines) or only the drum units cleaning blades? or both? if the ITB cleaning blade doesn't move,, then it cannot leave wavy lines right?

yes, the wavy lines are in the direction of travel, but only on the near side (control panel side) of the prints

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Any blade can leave wavy lines, the reason they do this is to prevent premature wear & tear.

At this point you should remove each drum and transfer belt unit to see if these lines appear on the surface of either of these items.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

Printer is equipped with service mode. Print colour test page to see where the problem is.That simple!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    to further clarify,, does the ITB cleaning blade move left/right (leaving wavy lines) or only the drum units cleaning blades? or both? if the ITB cleaning blade doesn't move,, then it cannot leave wavy lines right?

yes, the wavy lines are in the direction of travel, but only on the near side (control panel side) of the prints
    I am not familiar with the iR-C4080, but most of the color machines that I work on have fixed cleaning blades on the photo conductor units. Only the ITB cleaning blade moves.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

hello again

this machine is putting very fine wavy lines down the near-side of prints - the lines are so thin it's hard to tell what colour

am i correct recalling that DCB's move left/right? so it may just be a sick drum unit?

ideas please?

Andy
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    HVT 2 (FM2-6324-000) controls the DC Bias Voltage to the Primary Transfer Rollers in the ITB for each color.
    if poor it can cause wavy lines

does this happen on copies & prints ?
    have u inspected the Drums ?
    Have u done any maintenance on ITB ?

have u run any PG test prints for single color ?

a "wavy" pattern

Did u check for poor contact at the grounding plates
    found in the drum unit cover assembly on the left side.
    (part is located in Figure 101 Machine Front Plate, Item 25)

By reaching underneath with a springhook or small screwdriver and lifting up on the grounding plate, re-forming it to make better contact with the large ground stud when the drum cover is in the closed and locked position.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

thanks everyone for your responses

the reason i couldn't do simple tests like single color prints etc is because the fault is intermittent & it didn't occur when i was onsite, but i was shown a sample

this is why i wanted to clarify if only the ITB blade moves side to side

special thanks to teckat for all your effort, yes i did check drum grounds in the door & raised the copper contacts just to be sure - not that i think it could be this, as the lines only appear nearside of prints - direction of travel, not over the whole page

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR-C4080

thanks everyone for your responses

the reason i couldn't do simple tests like single color prints etc is because the fault is intermittent & it didn't occur when i was onsite, but i was shown a sample

this is why i wanted to clarify if only the ITB blade moves side to side

special thanks to teckat for all your effort, yes i did check drum grounds in the door & raised the copper contacts just to be sure - not that i think it could be this, as the lines only appear nearside of prints - direction of travel, not over the whole page
    -----------------------------

ITB cleanong blade does not move side to side--

if u are familiar with removing the ITB UNIT>
    remove it> and then remove the ITB Metal Plates > look underside of them _if dirty clean -
    now remove the SHEET > when u remove the sheet look at the Primary rollers> make sure they are all even & locked into position on both sides
    sometimes the small spring pops out or holder has a crack> if a roller is pitched up -it can cause a rear side CQ Issue

ITB PRIMARY ROLLS.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**