Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    doko

Canon iR2230 Network printer Firmware

Hello ...
    I am new to the copiers world .. Recently i bought a canon iR2230 with network card interface and there is network settings in the setup menu .. So i could assign an ip address and netmask and gateway and i connected it to my PC with rj45 cable .. I was able to ping the printer address from the PC but i couldn't print or discover the copier and after some reading here on the forum i was able to access the service mode and i realized that my rom version was "8.33 C" and i checked that there ia no HDD and my Ram was 256 .. My question is how can i upgrade this copier to enable network printing and if anyone from the respectrd members can support me with the Printing Firmware and the instructions of the upgrading process i will be so grateful .

Thanks in advance

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon iR2230 Network printer Firmware

You have a basic model. You will need a print option kit to add printing.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doko View Post
    Hello ...
    I am new to the copiers world .. Recently i bought a canon iR2230 with network card interface and there is network settings in the setup menu .. So i could assign an ip address and netmask and gateway and i connected it to my PC with rj45 cable .. I was able to ping the printer address from the PC but i couldn't print or discover the copier and after some reading here on the forum i was able to access the service mode and i realized that my rom version was "8.33 C" and i checked that there ia no HDD and my Ram was 256 .. My question is how can i upgrade this copier to enable network printing and if anyone from the respectrd members can support me with the Printing Firmware and the instructions of the upgrading process i will be so grateful .

Thanks in advance

READ----------
    iR2230 Series Brochure.pdf

Printing (optional)
    You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer by installing the optional UFR II Printer Kit. This kit incorporates UFR II (Ultra Fast Rendering II) Technology, which utilizes a newly
    invented printing algorithm to minimize file processing and achieve maximum performance.
    * The optional UFR II Printer Kit is also required
    for other options----
    -Remote User Interface
    -Faxing + UFR II Printer Kit and Super G3 Fax Board
    -Mail Box Function
    -Network Scanning-UFR II Printer Kit must be installed
    on your machine, and Network ScanGear

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

doko

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You have a basic model. You will need a print option kit to add printing.
    Thanks for replying but i am kinda newbie in this filed .. So i wanted to know what equipment shall i plug exactly and how to get it .. And i also wonder because i have an ethernet card that is working and the printer can ping my PC and vice versa so in my case what is the benefit of this network card if i can't ptint through it ?!

Thanks again and sorry for asking a lot of questions

doko

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

READ----------

Printing (optional)
    You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer by installing the optional UFR II Printer Kit. This kit incorporates UFR II (Ultra Fast Rendering II) Technology, which utilizes a newly
    invented printing algorithm to minimize file processing and achieve maximum performance.
    for other options----
    -Remote User Interface
    -Mail Box Function

Sorry i didn't see your reply .. I got what u said but i would like to know where to buy this kit and how much does it cost .. Btw i have a 256 ram installed and i have the HDD kit installed without the HDD itself ..i also have an eprom installed but i don't know what type exactly .. If u want me to upload a pic for my machine's board i can do that .

Thanks for fats replying and for helping newbies

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

READ----------

Printing (optional)
    for other options----
    -Remote User Interface
    -Mail Box Function

You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer

High speed? With this piece of c..bouncing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

doko

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer

High speed? With this piece of c..bouncing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry but i don't get this

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Smile Re: Canon iR2230 Network printer Firmware

​Call a Canon certified technician. You're out of your league here.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doko View Post
    Sorry i didn't see your reply .. I got what u said but i would like to know where to buy this kit and how much does it cost .. Btw i have a 256 ram installed and i have the HDD kit installed without the HDD itself ..i also have an eprom installed but i don't know what type exactly .. If u want me to upload a pic for my machine's board i can do that .

Thanks for fats replying and for helping newbies
    This series of machines have been around for quite sometime, so for the sake of this particular thread, let me assume that you didn't buy it as brand new...sealed in its original factory pack, but as a used or reconditioned copier. If this be the case, it is reasonable to assume that the previous owner used it as a network printer, having installed all the necessary optional accessories required for that functionality. Later on, due to some reasons [probably data security] he or the tech removed the Hard disk, and replaced the 'N' Rom version (8.33N?), with a 8.33C Rom version, to disable the print function, but enable only the basic copy functions.
    The optional HDD is originally 20GB, and comes with additional memory of 128MB, to make 256MB. But I can see the 256MB is installed, so you say, and the network card is in as well, and you can ping in both ways.
    - You may need to reinstall the hard disk, format it and reinstall the firmware and the driver. Since you are new in canon, so you say, I suggest you call a canon trained guy to do it for you. This will save you a lot of unnecessary headache.
    -But it is possible the machine is also just a ROM based model. In all cases, a trained canon tech will sort it out for you.