Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon ir C4080 not printing

Had a customer that wanted a image pass on the c4080. We had one at a different location that they did not want. So they had me take off the image pass (reset the img-cont to "0"). Installed it on the other one (img-cont to "3"). The one I put the image pass on works and prints fine. The one I took it off of, copies but does not print. What did I miss. They both have bootrom 78.01-c version on them. Both were printing before I did the swap. ??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon ir C4080 not printing

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Had a customer that wanted a image pass on the c4080. We had one at a different location that they did not want. So they had me take off the image pass (reset the img-cont to "0"). Installed it on the other one (img-cont to "3"). The one I put the image pass on works and prints fine. The one I took it off of, copies but does not print. What did I miss. They both have bootrom 78.01-c version on them. Both were printing before I did the swap. ??
    for an iR-C4080 to print having removed an existing fiery, requires an additional PCB in the machine - the machine that originally had no fiery would have the required PCB

remove it & put it in the machine you took the fiery out of (you may have to swap out the T-base 10/100 PCBs from both machines)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon ir C4080 not printing

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    --------------------------------------
    when a H1 is installed> u need to remove the R-A Board then insert the H1 Open I/F PCB into same slot/ Customer is supposed to keep that R-A Board on hand-

R-A Board.JPGOpen I F Fiery H1 Board.JPG
    u would have had to remove the H1 & it's I/F board to the working Printer
    The imagePass H1 requires it's own Open I/F PCB installed into Printer

Now the other non-printing iRC4080 needs that R-A Board put back in it's slot

The one that had no Fiery must have had a LMS-based Printer Kit activated on it
    In order to transfer a license you will need to contact the Technical Support Center at 1-800-528-2830. You will be required to have the serial numbers of the old device and the new device, the 24-digit Transfer Key disable code obtained from the old device in Service Mode and the 16-digit License Access Number (LAN). To get the Transfer Key number, you will have to disable the license on the old device. This MUST be done before you can transfer the license to the new device.

If a key is inadvertently disabled and needs to be re-enabled on the same device, you also need to contact the TSC. You will be required to have the serial number of the device, the 24-digit Transfer Key disable code and the 16-digit License Access Number (LAN) for the LMS option.

To DE-Install UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1on a machine that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 has been installed and LMS has been activated and enabled-
    1. Select in Service mode Level-2 under COPIER > OPTION > LCNS-TR and
    set ST-PCLUF from 1 to 0.
    2. Write down the disable-code.
    [You will need this disable-code later for transfer the kit to another copier]
    3. Turn Off the copier (follow the correct shutdown process).
    4. Remove the UFR Board.
    5. Turn ON the copier.
    6. Verify under Counter Check > Device Configuration that the UFRII/PCL Kit
    is not listed anymore.

You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.

Perform the following steps:

1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

2. Hit the [Device Configuration] button on the LCD screen.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

For example, if you find UFRII and PCL, but do not find PS on this screen on an iR C5180, it means that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit is installed, but the PS Printer Kit is not installed.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**