Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Disable A1 Finsher

I'm troubleshooting a problem on a Canon c5030 and I'm new to working on Canon machines. How can I disable the A1 finisher?

Many thanks,
    Mike Joseph

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Disable A1 Finsher

Re: Disable A1 Finsher

Quote Originally Posted by mikejose View Post
    I'm troubleshooting a problem on a Canon c5030 and I'm new to working on Canon machines. How can I disable the A1 finisher?

Many thanks,
    Mike Joseph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the problem u need to troubleshoot ??

internal A1 Finisher connections behind cover
    connectors.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Thanks for the reply. Actually it appears that this machine has multiple problems. First, we have an intermittent false Door Open error (02 1400) (it's there most of the time). The door switches checked good with a multimeter and we can hear a relay click in the rear of the machine when we manually close the switches. All photodetector door sensors checked so far appear to be functioning properly. We're going through them one by one and watching the diag screen. We'll resume that on Monday.
    Second, the 2 output trays of the A1 finisher are stuck all the way up. How do I release or reset them?
    Lastly, when the machine does run, the paper makes it up to the point where it should turn and enter the inner finisher, then stops and an FF90 jam is declared. The paper isn't nicked or damaged in any way, it just stopped.

Any ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the problem u need to troubleshoot ??

internal A1 Finisher connections behind cover
    connectors.JPG

Disable A1 Finsher

Thanks for the reply. Actually it appears that this machine has multiple problems. First, we have an intermittent false Door Open error (02 1400) (it's there most of the time). The door switches checked good with a multimeter and we can hear a relay click in the rear of the machine when we manually close the switches. All photodetector door sensors checked so far appear to be functioning properly. We're going through them one by one and watching the diag screen. We'll resume that on Monday.
    Second, the 2 output trays of the A1 finisher are stuck all the way up. How do I release or reset them?
    Lastly, when the machine does run, the paper makes it up to the point where it should turn and enter the inner finisher, then stops and an FF90 jam is declared. The paper isn't nicked or damaged in any way, it just stopped.

Any ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Mike
    ------------------------------------------
    Make sure connector cables are routed properly (can prevent movement)

Check if Paper Surface sensor, S11 inside the Finisher is changing state properly.

S11 works with the Stack Height Detection Levers

There are two sensors that work with this lever, S11 Paper Surface Sensor 1 and S12 Paper Surface Sensor 2. They work together to help the Finisher determine the height of the paper stack that is on the tray. Depending on the level of the stack and the combination of sensor signals being blocked or unblocked, determine the proper Tray Height.
    These sensors can be checked off the Finisher controller with a Board Checker PCB. The connector involved is CN37. S11 and S12 can be checked here. Pin 15 is the signal line for S12 and pin 12 is the signal line for S11. S11 is a normally blocked sensor and it should read 3VDC when the stack levers are in the up position, opposite when they are lowered. S12 is not a normally blocked sensor it should read a low voltage when the stack levers are raised, but when they are lowered it should change to 3VDC. Basically these sensor signals should change state at these pins. (check the image below for reference to CN 37's location and a snapshot of the corresponding circuit diagram.

Disable A1 Finsher

Any ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------------
    so u have the additional tray A1 installed
    1400 Jam Code
    EXAMPLE below

The additional tray has risen too far and opened the safety switch SW2.
    Manually lowering the tray corrected the jam code.
    Below is picture of the inner finisher with a red arrow pointing to the safety switch SW2.

Ensure the tray height sensing guide is below the safety switch actuator, as indicated in the picture below.

Disable A1 Finsher

Many thanks,
    Mike Joseph
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Reads

Inner Finisher Additional Tray-A1--Installation Procedure (Correction).pdf

Measure for 1400 Code_Inner Finisher-A1.pdf

Technician

Many thanks! One more question. How do I manually lower the trays?

Mike

Disable A1 Finsher

Many thanks! One more question. How do I manually lower the trays?

Mike

how far up are trays ? post a pic

'-------------------------------- should be able to push down

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    how far up are trays ? post a pic

'-------------------------------- should be able to push down

MANY THANKS teckat! The problem is solved. I never would have guessed that the finisher safety switch would cause a door open error. I pressed down on the tray height sensing guide and the lower tray moved down to its normal position. Then, still pressing down on the sensing guide I printed a page count and the upper tray moved back to normal position. machine is working fine again. How can I thank you for your help?

Disable A1 Finsher

MANY THANKS teckat! The problem is solved. I never would have guessed that the finisher safety switch would cause a door open error. I pressed down on the tray height sensing guide and the lower tray moved down to its normal position. Then, still pressing down on the sensing guide I printed a page count and the upper tray moved back to normal position. machine is working fine again. How can I thank you for your help?
    ===============;

The Dude.jpgwelcome