Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon image press c1  error code E000070-002

Re: canon image press c1 error code E000070-002

Quote Originally Posted by ommar View Post
    hi all
    i want ask about where is (ITB Home Position Sensor B) and PS2 sensor
    thanks
    --------------------------------------------------
    This machine detects the ITB home position to adjust the reading position of the image.

The ITB home position sensor (PS1, PSS2) detects the home position detection surface (two reflecting surfaces) prepared at the end of the ITB to detect the home position.

A-surface home position (I_TOP1A) is the signal to form images by one surface on the ITB.
    B-surface home position (I_TOP1B) is the signal to form images by two surfaces on the ITB.
    The DC controller determines the first sensor output (PS1 or PS2) that detects the reflecting surface on the ITB after receiving the print instruction as A-surface home position.
    It then assumes the point reached a specific period of time after side A home position to be side B home position.
    E070 (ITB HP detection fault error)
    xx=01: ITB home position sensor B, xx=02: ITB home position sensor A, only at ITB 1/1 speed, XX=00: No discrimination
    00xx: When ITB HP is not detected after the specified period of time passed, there is an error of ITB home position detection sensor
    01xx: When the time from the detection of ITB HP to the detection of the next HP is less than the specified time (884msec or less)
    02xx: When the time from the detection of ITB HP to the detection of the next HP is more than the specified time (939msec or more)
    03xx: ITB HP was not detected only once. ITB home position sensor A/B should have detected alternately, however, the same HP were continuously detected.

PS2.JPG

Check PS2 (ITB Home Position Sensor B) in I/O Mode, DCON Address P002 bit 9, to confirm the patch is being read.

If the patch is not being read check the PS2 wire harness from the DC Controller (J1193A pin 15 to J3401A pin 2 on the Side Driver PCB and J3403 pin 2 on the Side Driver PCB to frame connector J251L pin 2). Clean sensor PS2 or replace it if the wire harness and connectors check good.

If the patch is being read check the ITB Assembly and ITB drive for slippage.

First make sure Primary Transfer Pressure Lever is engaged.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**