Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How do I change IP address on c5185 with Fiery Controller?

Hi, i have a c5185 with a H1 controller and I want to change the IP address. I know how to do it, but my browser blocks it. I tried safari chrome and firefox on mac and chrome and firefox on windows 7.How do I get past that? I enter the IP address and on the last tab there is a configure button, shows popup with error saying com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource http://10.1.100.10/configureLogin.jarCan anyone help me?

Technician

Re: How do I change IP address on c5185 with Fiery Controller?

That error sounds like a Java error on your computer. Try to update or re-install the Jave or JRE

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have newest java and OSX mavericks. I also tried windows 7. I was able to change it before, but maybe that was because i had an OLDER version of java. i tried disabling the security setting in the java part if the browser and didn't make a difference.How do you guys do it? maybe my H1 server needs a software update, is that user updatable?Thanks.

I will reply with a Video showing you how to manage the Fiery device from the control panel of the copier in about 10 min

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OK please do, that would be appreciated.

here is the video! had problems with the audio at the end, iphone case made the mic drop out. you should be able to follow through and set your ip address up

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supertype View Post
    here is the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwBtnLn_0PII had problems with the audio at the end, iphone case made the mic drop out. you should be able to follow through and set your ip address up
    --------------------;great support

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks for the video. mine doesn't come back up after the restart. thats odd because the unit works, i just need to change the IP address...i don't need the H1 server, I just tried to remove it and change the setting in the service mode to 0. I was able to find the printer, but it wouldn't print. is there anything else i have to do? I am scrapping a c3220 with PS could i use a part from there? I UFRII would work for me if thats easier.cool chart teckat, but it needs to continue, i was at the last block last night and it didn't solve the problem. :-P :-P

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    thanks for the video. mine doesn't come back up after the restart. thats odd because the unit works, i just need to change the IP address...i don't need the H1 server, I just tried to remove it and change the setting in the service mode to 0. I was able to find the printer, but it wouldn't print. is there anything else i have to do? I am scrapping a c3220 with PS could i use a part from there? I UFRII would work for me if thats easier.cool chart teckat, but it needs to continue, i was at the last block last night and it didn't solve the problem. :-P :-P
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    what do u mean it does not come back ??
    is that after u finish the Run Setup ?

u will need the Color UFR II/PCL Printer Kit (is License Activated) for a high-speed network printer.
    if u remove the H1 Fiery/ the H1 has a Open I/F PCB installed inside Printer that needs to be removed/

There is no N BootROM for these series/models. There is only a C BootROM.

In order to print using the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1, you should receive a LAN number in the kit and MUST register it online using the License Management System. The key must then be entered on the machine in Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration. Press 'Start' on the License Registration screen and then reboot the copier.

To verify the printer kit is installed:

1. Press the Counter Check button, then hit 'Device Configuration'. If the printer kit is installed, it will be displayed here (ex. UFRII/PCL Printer Kit).

OR

2. Check the LCNS-TR setting under Service Mode Level 2 > Copier > Option. The ST-LXUFR and ST-PCL should be set to '1', if the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is installed. The ST-PS should be set to '1' only if the PS Option has been installed. If these options are set to '0', it means that the option is not installed.

* Remember that the PS Option-N1 requires the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 and the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 (bringing total memory on copier to 1.5 GB).

In order to print via TCP/IP, make sure the RAW and LPD Settings are turned 'On' under Additional Functions, System Settings, Network Settings, TCP/IP Settings. LPD may be set to 'Off' by default.

* Note: The Printer Kit license can be transferred from 1 machine to another, the same way a Universal Send Kit can be transferred. Make sure to have the disable code when calling the TSC to perform the transfer. On the i models (C5180i / C4580i / C4080i), the printer kit is standard and cannot be transferred.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It doesn't apear that I have the printer kit. might do the transfer though.when i click on the setup it reboots the server and then it stays on the wait a moment (check power source... screen that shows on the video. yours took less than a minute. i waited over an hour.