Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    9

    Exclamation IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    Hello. Can someone direct me as to how to make sure both sides of a printout from the bypass tray are identical in position? The both sides are off a few mm vertically and horizontally when printed through the multipurpose tray as a duplex. When I fold the paper along the center, both sides don't mirror exactly. Please help. Thanks.

    This is an IR-Adv C2230.

    Last edited by c2230; 11-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,150
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by c2230 View Post
    Hello. Can someone direct me as to how to make sure both sides of a printout from the bypass tray are identical in position? The both sides are off a few mm vertically and horizontally when printed through the multipurpose tray as a duplex. When I fold the paper along the center, both sides don't mirror exactly. Please help. Thanks.

    This is an IR-Adv C2230.
    U are Duplexing thru Bypass tray on what model (good luck)

    what application are u printing from ?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When printing duplex and/or booklet alignment is incorrect
    In order to achieve proper 2 sided alignment on print jobs, you must first ensure that the copier registration is correct and that 2 sided copies from the glass/feeder are correctly aligned.
    Once this is done, if 2 sided print job are still not aligned correctly for front to back registration, the following settings can be changed to correct this.


    Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Front)
    -2.00 to +2.00 inches; 0.00* inches


    This setting enables you to set the offset position in inches. The settings can be set in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) from -2.00" (-50.0 mm) through +2.00" (+50.0 mm).The print position on the front page is adjusted in the vertical or horizontal direction to the value specified in the setting value. To adjust the print position on the back page, set 'Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Back)' (the next setting). You can increase or decrease the setting in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) to adjust the print position, as described below.
    Offset Short Edge (Front): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the rightward X direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the leftward X direction on the paper.
    Offset Long Edge (Front): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the downward Y direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the upward Y direction on the paper.



    Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Back)
    -2.00 to +2.00 inches; 0.00* inches

    This setting enables you to set the offset position in inches. The settings can be set in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) from -2.00" (-50.0 mm) through +2.00" (+50.0 mm). The print position on the back page is adjusted in the vertical or horizontal direction to the value specified in the setting value. To adjust the print position on the front page, set 'Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Front)' (the previous setting). You can increase or decrease the setting in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) to adjust the print position, as described below.
    Offset Short Edge (Back): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the rightward X direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the leftward X direction on the paper.
    Offset Long Edge (Back): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the downward Y direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the upward Y direction on the paper.



    This setting can be found in the following locations on the imageRUNNER Advance:



    In the RUI the setting is under:
    Settings/Registration : Function Settings : Printer > Custom Settings > Layout:
    Offset Short Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Short Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments


    At the IR control panel the setting is under:
    Settings/Registration : Function Settings : Printer > Printer Settings > Custom Settings >Layout :
    Offset Short Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Short Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments




    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    U are Duplexing thru Bypass tray on what model (good luck)

    what application are u printing from ?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When printing duplex and/or booklet alignment is incorrect
    In order to achieve proper 2 sided alignment on print jobs, you must first ensure that the copier registration is correct and that 2 sided copies from the glass/feeder are correctly aligned.
    Once this is done, if 2 sided print job are still not aligned correctly for front to back registration, the following settings can be changed to correct this.


    Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Front)
    -2.00 to +2.00 inches; 0.00* inches


    This setting enables you to set the offset position in inches. The settings can be set in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) from -2.00" (-50.0 mm) through +2.00" (+50.0 mm).The print position on the front page is adjusted in the vertical or horizontal direction to the value specified in the setting value. To adjust the print position on the back page, set 'Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Back)' (the next setting). You can increase or decrease the setting in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) to adjust the print position, as described below.
    Offset Short Edge (Front): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the rightward X direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the leftward X direction on the paper.
    Offset Long Edge (Front): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the downward Y direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the upward Y direction on the paper.



    Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Back)
    -2.00 to +2.00 inches; 0.00* inches

    This setting enables you to set the offset position in inches. The settings can be set in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) from -2.00" (-50.0 mm) through +2.00" (+50.0 mm). The print position on the back page is adjusted in the vertical or horizontal direction to the value specified in the setting value. To adjust the print position on the front page, set 'Offset Short Edge/Offset Long Edge (Front)' (the previous setting). You can increase or decrease the setting in increments of 0.01" (0.5 mm) to adjust the print position, as described below.
    Offset Short Edge (Back): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the rightward X direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the leftward X direction on the paper.
    Offset Long Edge (Back): Increasing the setting value moves the image in the downward Y direction on the paper. Decreasing the setting value moves the image in the upward Y direction on the paper.



    This setting can be found in the following locations on the imageRUNNER Advance:



    In the RUI the setting is under:
    Settings/Registration : Function Settings : Printer > Custom Settings > Layout:
    Offset Short Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Short Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments


    At the IR control panel the setting is under:
    Settings/Registration : Function Settings : Printer > Printer Settings > Custom Settings >Layout :
    Offset Short Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Front) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Short Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments
    Offset Long Edge (Back) : in (-2.00 - +2.00) in 0.01 inch Increments


    Thank you. I wound up doing this through the Remote UI. Now the other issue is that the second side prints slightly skewed at an angle. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.


  4. #4
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,150
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    What model ADVANCED series ???????

    Skewed during duplex only ???


    do this at your own risk ~~~~~~~~
    u can try a DCON Clear---Note: Be sure to back up DCON or run a P-Print, before clearing DCON

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    850
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    You're trying to do something on a machine that simply was not designed for anything other than text files with the odd colour logo on it.


  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    What model ADVANCED series ???????

    Skewed during duplex only ???


    do this at your own risk ~~~~~~~~
    u can try a DCON Clear---Note: Be sure to back up DCON or run a P-Print, before clearing DCON
    This is a c2230 IR-Adv. It seems that the second side prints out slightly skewed when duplexing through the multipurpose tray. The cassette tray doesn't have this problem.


  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,150
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by c2230 View Post
    This is a c2230 IR-Adv. It seems that the second side prints out slightly skewed when duplexing through the multipurpose tray. The cassette tray doesn't have this problem.
    ______-;
    Why are u duplexing out ov a ByPass Tray ?

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ______-;
    Why are u duplexing out ov a ByPass Tray ?
    I'm using glossy and / or thicker paper.


  9. #9
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,150
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    Quote Originally Posted by c2230 View Post
    I'm using glossy and / or thicker paper.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    where does it say u can two-side glossy or thick in bypass tray

    Last edited by teckat; 11-12-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tray

    charm5496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,344
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: IR-Adv problem aligning both sides when printing booklet through multipurpose tra

    you are using this machine past its rated design. Anything other than 32 lb. cannot be automatically duplexed.
    If you want to run stock like you are currently using and automatically duplex it then you will need a better rated machine - IRA-52XX series would be better than the IRA-2230

    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here