Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    scott_v

Error E02813 and O2820 on my Canon W8400

Hello all.

I have an ImagProGraf W8400 printer. Workhorse machine. Started to get voids in the cyan, ran cleaning A x3, ran cleaning B, determined time for new printhead.

Purchased and installed the printhead, then sadness when I got E02813. Contacted Canon, they said "Printhead Sensor issue" service required. Then I noticed that the tone feed lines are not full of toner, more empty than filled.

Tried again to do a nozzle check...E02820 adj Error, but I note still no toner in the lines.

Contacted Canon again and they said could be the printhead, but could also be the "Purge Unit".

Is it possible for me to manually purge the lines myself, or should I call a service company?

Why would this happen right when I am switching out the printhead?

Thanks very much for your help.

Best,

Scott.
    Last edited by scott_v; 11-12-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: make post clearer

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Error E02813 and O2820 on my Canon W8400

Quote Originally Posted by scott_v View Post
    Hello all.

I have an ImagProGraf W8400 printer. Workhorse machine. Started to get voids in the cyan, ran cleaning A x3, ran cleaning B, determined time for new printhead.

Purchased and installed the printhead, then sadness when I got E02813. Contacted Canon, they said "Printhead Sensor issue" service required. Then I noticed that the tone feed lines are not full of toner, more empty than filled.

Tried again to do a nozzle check...E02820 adj Error, but I note still no toner in the lines.

Contacted Canon again and they said could be the printhead, but could also be the "Purge Unit".

Is it possible for me to manually purge the lines myself, or should I call a service company?

Best,

Scott.
    ------------------------------
    E02813 Error

First

Check the the belt tension idle roller guide
    If broken >the carriage will not go to the correct position over the head management sensor
    idle roller guide (QE1 2691 000)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

scott_v

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ------------------------------
    E02813 Error

First

Check the the belt tension idle roller guide
    If broken >the carriage will not go to the correct position over the head management sensor
    idle roller guide (QE1 2691 000)

Thanks so much for the quick response, but, not sure what that is or how I check it...
    Could the error you are describing also be causing the toner to not fill the printhead?

I tried later this eve again to print a nozzle check, printed partially then stopped, getting the adj. error...

Thanks much.

Scott.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Error E02813 and O2820 on my Canon W8400

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by scott_v View Post
    Hello all.

Best,

Scott.

We had this happen, and turned out it was the front piece of the assembly which was not fully engaged into the printhead. We re-inserted the printhead, making sure that front piece was securely "clicked" in, (almost sounded like we broke it), and it worked fine after that. I guess the assembly loses it's ability to suction up the ink if that front piece is not in correct. Sound simple, I know, but it's worth a try.