Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Oce colorwave 600/650

Oce colorwave 600/650

Hi Fellas,

Who has experience as user/service guy for OCE Colorwave 600/650 ?

I would like personal opinion - not company statistics.

Cheers,
    V-P

Technician

Re: Oce colorwave 600/650

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    Hi Fellas,

Who has experience as user/service guy for OCE Colorwave 600/650 ?

I would like personal opinion - not company statistics.

Cheers,
    V-P

We have had pretty underwhelming results from a customer's CW600. I did the Oce CW600 training course in Melbourne in 2012 and it seemed pretty amazing at the time. However, after installing onsite at the customer's business they continually had the top delivery tray (TDT or IRT) saying it was full when it was only approx. 25 pages in it due to paper curl. Oce continually said they'd never had a problem with this before which I refuse to believe now as it is a known issue with this model and later had a completely modded TDT unit come out if a customer had enough problems with it. Before this was available we had to have a replacement CW600 swapped in from Oce for the customer. Same problem but not as buggy with some of the other issues. An improvement but still not amazing compared to the rocksolid reputation that the customer had experienced (and we had experienced) with all their earlier TDS and TCS models. Finally had to have the modded TDT installed which again improved but did not eliminate the problem. Getting helpful info from Oce has been difficult and they have not allowed us even as a business partner or area rep to gain access to any bulletins or mod notices for our techs. Their customer support seems to have further worsened now that they have been taken over by Canon. End result at the moment: the customer (that was going to purchase two other CW600's if it lived up to the promises for them) has not only renegged on future purchases but has been disappointed with Oce and particularly this model. They still have to empty the output tray every 20-30 prints even though the sales stuff said the output tray handled 100 prints and the Oce tech notes now say "50-100". Also, we now no longer have any access to any documents to support Oce material after repeated attempts to get them to fix this up. In short: disappointed customer who feels they didn't get the results they paid top money for, damage to our and Oce's rep, and frustrated techs who've had it with Oce/Canon's poor support and would gladly move on to another wide format provider if given the choice.

If you get a used CW600 from somewhere, the print quality IS awesome but for best output results check that it is a modded TFT or place the unit in a room that is large enough to have an output table back against the unit so that the prints can exit straight out the back instead of going through the TFT at all. IMO this model's output is top quality but is probably waaay overpriced when purchased new. And good luck with customer support. Also, expect all Oce parts to have an insane markup even when standard type parts (for example, hard drives in the unit). Hope that helps.

Oce colorwave 600/650

Thnx man !

That was exactly what I was looking for...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Oce colorwave 600/650

Hi,

Does anyone have service manual for Oce ColorWave 550 to share or to sell?

I got an unit and seems that it was prepared to transport and it was purged. Have to make it operational.

Also unit is on Norwegian language, and is hard to say what is it telling on display.

Thank you

Oce colorwave 600/650

Need the service manual as well. Think i have a chance to pickup tow of these cheap....

any one find aftermarket toner for this models?