Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member 50+ Posts

Canon scans pdf file question

I have a question and if anyone know please tell me. I usually use ScanGear with Acrobat 6 or above to scans a document from canon copier to PC. Some of my client doesn't has Acrobat, and they don't want to spend $500 to buy the software. So, is there any software is free that work with canon copier to scans the document and save as pdf files?
    Thanks

scan
    You do not need adode on pc .canon scan gear will still save scan as pdf. But you will not be able to edit scanned pdf.

Junior Member 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scan View Post
    You do not need adode on pc .canon scan gear will still save scan as pdf. But you will not be able to edit scanned pdf.
    Really....Let said I have Canon IR3300. Normally, I have to open Acrobat then create PDF - by scanner - choose Scan gear - then hit scan. Without acrobat I don't know how to scan it, can you show me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by century View Post
    Really....Let said I have Canon IR3300. Normally, I have to open Acrobat then create PDF - by scanner - choose Scan gear - then hit scan. Without acrobat I don't know how to scan it, can you show me. Thanks

hello there..i dun think scangear will safe in pdf format instead it will save as tiff format..anyway u can use microsoft office imaging or scanning that have been build in on m/soft office 2003..or u can d/load irfanview software it work well with scangear..and its FREE. got to filehippo.com - Download Free Software and d/load the software.

Junior Member 50+ Posts
    zkafs, thanks for your infor. this irfanview software is work great. But this software can't save as pdf. Do you know any other software can scan and save as pdf. file?

An other question for canon IR series. It's there a possible way that we can scan a document @ the machine without make so many trip from PC to copier? (like ricoh, scan to folder)
    Put the original copy on ADF
    then go back to PC, open software then hit scan
    then go back to copier to get back the original copy
    and finally go back to your PC?

Thanks again
    Last edited by century; 03-11-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi Centry,
    For iR Canon, you should use models come with universal send function.
    We call it is push scan, a very simple work you have to do to be go to machine, place originals on DADF and then press PC destination, press start button, all documents you need will go to that PC, no need go back and forth.
    Universal send function is very intelligent of Canon digital copier:
    Send to folder, email, FTP, I-Fax...

I don't know 100+ Posts vandezo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nghialuuvn View Post
    Hi Centry,
    For iR Canon, you should use models come with universal send function.
    We call it is push scan, a very simple work you have to do to be go to machine, place originals on DADF and then press PC destination, press start button, all documents you need will go to that PC, no need go back and forth.
    Universal send function is very intelligent of Canon digital copier:
    Send to folder, email, FTP, I-Fax...
    hello --helloo
    there is no send function on ir5000-6000 (it's deferen, you mean ir5000i)

but don't worry, u can use software it's call PDFprinter.. its free. http://www.cutepdf.com/
    first u can use "what ever" software for scan and then print with image printer... know you have a PDF document......

have a try

Junior Member 50+ Posts
    Yes, it would be nice if we have an I at the end. So, I guess we have to go back and forth for scan on canon IR series without an I right? there is no other way.

@ vandezo, I like that software. at least, I have some option to give to my customer if they don't want to buy Acrobat.

Thanks for everything.

Technician
    Agree with #6 and #7, thanks a lot

SuefScefs

Hey Hey newb here

Hey everyone!My name is Billy, I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this site...I am a newbie to the internet but I am learning alot real fast!I'm a Hair-sample Matcher and devoted father.The things I like most in life are family, friends and racing.On week days you'll usually find me working. On the weekends I like to party and enjoy the outdoors.My idea of the perfect day would start with sleeping in. And then I'd go to the park. Later I'd eat a great dinner from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. And I'd top it all off by snuggling with my GF.I also love snoop videos.Anyways it's great to be a part of your site!ThanksView Private Myspace Profiles - Myspace Comment Graphics - Watch Greys Anatomy Season 6 Online -