Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pamela
    We have been having this exact problem in our office for months now and I've had to simply deal with it. We are currently leasing our Canon Image Runner C3220 and have a technical service contract on our lease. We've been leasing this machine for a couple of years and are nearing the buyout of it. This issue just started within the past 6 months or so, but no sooner. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure it out. We had not made any major changes that I knew of. We definitely hadn't changed anything on the network. We called a technician out and was basically told that he didn't know what the problem was and that we need to call our network guy. We don't really have a network guy (I'm basically the only gal in the office that knows anything about computers). So, as I said, I've basically just been dealing with it and restarting the copier/printer on a daily basis (and throwing away that annoying TX/RX report that prints). I finally resorted to e-mailing my brother-in-law (a network security analyst) and begging that he give me some clue as to what is going on. In the meantime, I tried googling the issue, not knowing what on earth I should even google to find the correct information. By sheer luck I found this thread!! I am still having the exact issue that phorts explained in the 4th post. If I try to set up the scan location, I get "No Response" when trying to look at the network. I literally have to restart the printer and wait for it to reconnect (which can take up to 10 minutes to fully connect). It's extremely annoying and I don't know what else to do. I'm still waiting to see what my brother-in-law has to say but if anyone has come up with a fix for this, please share.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    having similar problems. They are saying check rui version against what it should be with the syatem software. using sst to re-flash, sometime people forget to say to overwrite in the checkbox. so it ends up being the wrong version to match the system. not always the case but something to look for. They are saying to reformat and re-install system software etc. I dont know yet but am working on the problem as well. Sounds related. rui dissapears. even using a crossover to machine and have to still reboot to resolve.

Pamela

Resolved

We have finally resolved our scan issue after our tech guy made several trips out and tried several things. He flashed our copier to the latest software, removed the domain from our copier (because we are a peer-to-peer network) and double checked all of our settings, with no results. Prior to his last visit, we removed Norton Internet Security completely and purchased AVG for the two user computers. We have a third computer that is used strictly for network sharing/storage purposes and no internet browsing etc. We completely removed all anti-virus software from that computer, disabled windows firewall and enabled firewall logging. We haven't had to reset the copier for several weeks now. We had to reset it at least once a day before, sometimes more. This leads me to believe that our problem has been solved. I just wanted to update in case anyone else is still having this issue.

sevens

Same problem

We've the same probleme since 4 weeks with Canon IR C2880. Domain Network in Windows 2003 Mode, 2 Domain Controllers, 1 File Server. SMB scanning is possible without any problems on the first domain controller. With the second domain controller and the file server scanning doesn't work altough both servers can be pinged by the canon machine and there are no other problems with this servers in our network.

We tried nearly everythin possible. The Canon support guy says that there is a authentification issue but if this would be the case, why does it work with the first domain controller?

In the first time we suspected the DNS / NetBIOS. But using IP address to connect to the servers was not successful too.

Network printing of cause is working perfectly from every server or workstation in the network.

We tried to remove virus scanning software but without success.

Anyone a glue what to try next?