Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

problem Irc ADV C5235, insufficient light lamps deleted

I have a big problem and hard to get solution

My canon IRC 5235 Advance have a problem leaving a dark area of the leaf prints and photocopies, after searching and change the black drum, I have located the problem.

each drum wearing a red LED that lights up to the action of each drum cleaning after you copy or print, well, the LED corresponding to the black drum light intensity is minimal, and the rest of drums, their corresponding red LED lights up with a lot more intensity,

these LEDs are connected to a plate RELAY, I changed the plate but the problem remains the same, and no LEDs because they are interchangeable and correctly fucnionan
    I think it is good that does not get the voltage does illuminate with the right intensity, but what else can I do?
    To change another plate? why this happens?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: problem Irc ADV C5235, insufficient light lamps deleted

Quote Originally Posted by masky View Post
    I have a big problem and hard to get solution

My canon IRC 5235 Advance have a problem leaving a dark area of the leaf prints and photocopies, after searching and change the black drum, I have located the problem.

each drum wearing a red LED that lights up to the action of each drum cleaning after you copy or print, well, the LED corresponding to the black drum light intensity is minimal, and the rest of drums, their corresponding red LED lights up with a lot more intensity,

these LEDs are connected to a plate RELAY, I changed the plate but the problem remains the same, and no LEDs because they are interchangeable and correctly fucnionan
    I think it is good that does not get the voltage does illuminate with the right intensity, but what else can I do?
    To change another plate? why this happens?
    ================================================== =============================

Each process assembly uses 2 LED's one in the front and one in the rear, they are in series with each other which means when one goes out neither one will work. The LED can be checked using a volt meter set on the Diode mode, when the leads are correctly set on the contacts of the LED it will illuminate red when good. Another way to check the LED is to swap them with one of the colors to test.

The LED PCB Assembly part number is FM3-7945-000.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== =============================

Each process assembly uses 2 LED's one in the front and one in the rear, they are in series with each other which means when one goes out neither one will work. The LED can be checked using a volt meter set on the Diode mode, when the leads are correctly set on the contacts of the LED it will illuminate red when good. Another way to check the LED is to swap them with one of the colors to test.

thank you, but...

if it is true that each drum uses two LEDs, one in front and one in the back

but I've swapped the led light is insufficient apparently its the other unit color, and exchange it if ignited properly, then discard it's LED problem, the problem is not the Led

I repeat, the LED light black drum is weak, that led installed in the color drum, and the LED light is good

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Hello,

Each LED PCB is individually connected to the Process relay PCB (FM3-7938-000). If the light intensity of the black LED's is less than the ones of color LED's, that is due to the fact that only one black LED is lighting. So, i advise to replace the relay PCB (FM3-7938-000).

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    Hello,

Each LED PCB is individually connected to the Process relay PCB (FM3-7938-000). If the light intensity of the black LED's is less than the ones of color LED's, that is due to the fact that only one black LED is lighting. So, i advise to replace the relay PCB (FM3-7938-000).

Rachid.
    The PCB is UN20. I cannot attach the page showing its position. So try to search UN20 in the service manual.

Rachid.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    The PCB is UN20. I cannot attach the page showing its position. So try to search UN20 in the service manual.

Rachid.

PCB (FM3-7938-000) board has been replaced and the problem continues

after the machine apart and clean the inside, now intermittently sometimes also other LEDs are lit well and sometimes insufficiently, the machine seems to have a short

may be because of the firmware? has not been updated

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by masky View Post
    PCB (FM3-7938-000) board has been replaced and the problem continues

after the machine apart and clean the inside, now intermittently sometimes also other LEDs are lit well and sometimes insufficiently, the machine seems to have a short

may be because of the firmware? has not been updated
    ================================================== =======================

Again---
    Pre-exposure control
    Removing residual potential on the photosensitive drum before executing the primary charging prevents drum ghost during continuous print.

According to the command from the DC controller PCB, the pre-exposure unit exposes (emits) LED when the photosensitive drum is rotated.
    Emitting LED light through the light guide removes residual potential on the photosensitive drum.

To make up for the lack of LED’s light intensity, two (2) pre-exposure LEDs are used in total:
    one at the front of the main unit, and the other at the rear of the main unit.

thru DC controller UN1

LED.JPG

COPIER > ADJUST > EXP-LED>PR-EXP-K

Level 2

EXP LED.JPG
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    COPIER > ADJUST > V-CONT
    VBACK-K Adj Bk-color fogging removal potential

VBACK.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**