Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon ir1600

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon ir1600

Canon ir1600. The intensity of the image when it prints is low. What can cause this problem? I need to mention what i could do: i cleaned the laser unit(lenses, mirrors and the prism), i cleaned the developing unit, i installed new genuine image unit, i cleaned the whole copier(interior, pcb, mechanics). The image got a little bit better but still won't print ok. The image is still light. What cold i do to remedy the situation?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon ir1600

if you do a full bleed black copy and open the left door when the copy is just halfway past the drum is the image light on the drum unit itself? If so then look at the transfer roller.
    It'll be either, drum, dev, trans roller, laser or weak hvt

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Light copies is most likely the dev unit on this old machine.

Take it out have a look at the toner coverage, if the dev roller has white lines you will need to replace either the dev roller or the complete dev unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I took the dev unit out and cleaned it, installed new toner to make sure is not too old I installed the dev unit in the machine, I looked at the transfer roller after the dev unit filled with toner and it deposits well, it doesn't seem to be damaged. The machine doesn't have a lot of copies either, like 40k. Could it be an electrical problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon.Tech View Post
    Light copies is most likely the dev unit on this old machine.

Take it out have a look at the toner coverage, if the dev roller has white lines you will need to replace either the dev roller or the complete dev unit.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

What are the prints like? e.g do a windows driver test print page, or if it's a stand alone machine do a users list print out, what do these look like compared to a copy?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bebe.radescu View Post
    Canon ir1600. The intensity of the image when it prints is low. What can cause this problem? I need to mention what i could do: i cleaned the laser unit(lenses, mirrors and the prism), i cleaned the developing unit, i installed new genuine image unit, i cleaned the whole copier(interior, pcb, mechanics). The image got a little bit better but still won't print ok. The image is still light. What cold i do to remedy the situation?
    I hope you have tried to check that the 'Image density setting' is appropriate! If not, do so, from the control panel; the user could have shifted it to 'light' instead of 'middle' or 'dark'. What about the quality of the paper being use? recommended type?
    - Try to execute 'auto gain adjustment' in service mode: TEST MODE>2 CCD TEST>8 and see the result: OK, is good, but if 'NG', then you may need to check and clean the lens area of the CONTACT SENSOR for dirt; clean the rod lens array of the contact sensor.
    -Check also that the HV leaf spring used to supply the HV to the dev unit assy is not soiled with toner.
    -Check and correct if need be, the connector between the leaf spring and DC controller PCB is normal.
    NB: The DC controller has a 'profound influence' on all the High Voltages...both DC & AC biases applied to the HV components i.e dev cylinder, transfer roller, charging roller etc. You may need to substitute to check performance....in a worse case scenario!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

common problem with this series, replace the developer roller or the developer unit...the magnetic roller is the probleb, you can try cleaning the roller but that rarely helps without replacing it