Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jurgen

Canon IPF8000 Printhead Issues

Hi there, I found this forum whilst searching for any feedback on my issues which is the following :

We have a Canon IPF8000 (We are based in South Africa) - it get serviced by our Canon branch here whenever we have a problem. In the past 2 years we have replaced our printheads on an annual basis (year 1 - left & right printhead | year 2, left & right printhead | year 3 now, we have replaced left & right) and now the IPF is giving the same issue where it is not willing to print anymore and says to clean the printheads and if problem persists to replace Printhead L.

Now this is costing quote some money and I was wondering if there are any values one can stick to the printing volume to justify the continuous replacing of the printheads. The printheads they put in only carry a 3 month warranty so every time we are left with buying a new (original) part.

Are there any tricks or advice you guys can give me to try troubleshooting myself to assess the problem and have some info to battle Canon with (if at all possible)?

I appreciate the time

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Angry Re: Canon IPF8000 Printhead Issues

iPF8000 this PF-03 printhead replacement rate,
    you should feel very satisfied.
    If you are using PF-05 printhead today ,
    I believe you will cry every day!!!

Jurgen

Re: Canon IPF8000 Printhead Issues

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_kuo View Post
    iPF8000 this PF-03 printhead replacement rate,
    you should feel very satisfied.
    If you are using PF-05 printhead today ,
    I believe you will cry every day!!!

I am sorry - what does this mean ???

Technician

So ur machine already 3 years old, ask ur canon ppl help u check is there any part that need to be change. Especially the purge unit( where print head do its cleaning ) and the absorber might be bad. Just a thought :P

And check on the carriage unit status as well :P

Jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by Lepus View Post
    So ur machine already 3 years old, ask ur canon ppl help u check is there any part that need to be change. Especially the purge unit( where print head do its cleaning ) and the absorber might be bad. Just a thought :P

And check on the carriage unit status as well :P
    Hi, actually it is way older - I have been working at this place for third year now - they definitely had it 2 years before that (if not more). While I have been working there the whole machine has essentially been replaced on the inside - new purge unit was the last thing that got fixed... the technician is coming tomorrow so I hope it is an easy fix vs a new print-head!