Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E0075 0003

Nobilis

E0075 0003

Greeting,
    I am not a trained tech on the Canon C5051 but we have one on which we frequently get an E0075 0003 error. From the error code, it is my understanding that the transfer belt is walking to it's full displacement and then sending a E0075 0003 error and the machine stopped, thereby avoiding damaging the belt. After the belt is manually "walked" back into postion, all is well for a little while and then it occurs again.

I had a tech in the past tell me that this can occur if the machine is not on the level. So, my questions are 1) is this correct 2) does the machine have a built in method in which a tech can adjust the machine to level, or does one have to have a physical level and adjust the feet.

Since I am not a tech, I cannot get any information out of Canon and we are midstream changing to a new service people so our old tech is gone. I really want to know if I should keep barking at them about checking the level on the machine, or if I am totally out of line to suggest that they adjust it. Thanks for your insight.
    Last edited by Nobilis; 12-11-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    E0075 0003

Re: E0075 0003

I'm not familiar with that particular problem but I do know that as a rule all copiers should be fairly close to level. A very effective and yet simple way to test this is to put a steel bearing in the middle of the copy glass surface, this is the place where you lay a piece of paper that will be copied. If the bearing stays where you've placed it, then the copier is level. I've used glass marbles as well, but they will not be as precise as a single steel ball bearing, none the less for this test it's probably fine.

Ron

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E0075 0003

December 1, 2011

Product : imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 / C5035 / C5045 / C5051

Title : E075 - 0003

Problem : The machine displayed an error code of E075 with a sub code of 0003. This indicates an error in full displacement of the ITB to the rear side.

Solution : Behind the ITB motor there is a silver bracket with two silver screws. This bracket affects the tracking of the belt. Remove the ITB motor. Loosen the two screws on the bracket and adjust the bracket 1mm at a time until the belt stops tracking off. The location of the bracket and the screws are shown below.

Canon USA, Inc. Engineering Services & Solutions Division
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

E0075 0003

August 24, 2010

Title : E075 error code on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Series

Problem : E075 error code on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Series

Solution : The E075 error code refers to the ITB belt shifting front to rear of the machine and can not compensate. There are two causes that will make this happen. a) The machine that is not level b) Uneven thickness of the ITB belt from front to rear.

To resolve this issue, first observe the ITB Position value of displacement in service mode under Copier > Display > Misc > ITB-POS. The range is between -300 to +450. If the value is very close to the high end or low end, perform the following:

a) Check to make sure that the machine is level. b) After leveling the machine, run Copier > Function > MISC-P > ITB-INT in service mode c) Check Copier > Display > MISC > ITB-POS again to make sure the value is approximately within the mid range d) If the value in step c is not within mid range, remove the ITB belt and reverse it from front to rear and repeat the prior steps again.

E0075 0003

May 04, 2011

Title : E075-0000 Error Code

Error : E075-0000 Error Code

Workaround : If you have a E075-0000 code, check the Secondary Inner Roller (FC8-4402-000) and the Secondary Transfer bushing Holder (FL3-1109-000). Check to see if the roller shaft ends are worn down. This could be either on the front or rear side. If the shaft or bushing holders are worn, this could cause the belt to shift either towards the front or back of the ITB assembly causing a E075 error code.

Nobilis

Quote Originally Posted by Ron314 View Post
    I'm not familiar with that particular problem but I do know that as a rule all copiers should be fairly close to level. A very effective and yet simple way to test this is to put a steel bearing in the middle of the copy glass surface, this is the place where you lay a piece of paper that will be copied. If the bearing stays where you've placed it, then the copier is level. I've used glass marbles as well, but they will not be as precise as a single steel ball bearing, none the less for this test it's probably fine.

Ron
    Ron, I ran your test with a glass ball that I had on hand and it accelerated forward off the machine. I relayed this to the repair techs to ask that they make sure to level the machine for us in such a way that we won't inadvertently shift it.

Nobilis

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    August 24, 2010

Title : E075 error code on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Series

Problem : E075 error code on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Series

Solution : The E075 error code refers to the ITB belt shifting front to rear of the machine and can not compensate. There are two causes that will make this happen. a) The machine that is not level b) Uneven thickness of the ITB belt from front to rear.

To resolve this issue, first observe the ITB Position value of displacement in service mode under Copier > Display > Misc > ITB-POS. The range is between -300 to +450. If the value is very close to the high end or low end, perform the following:

a) Check to make sure that the machine is level. b) After leveling the machine, run Copier > Function > MISC-P > ITB-INT in service mode c) Check Copier > Display > MISC > ITB-POS again to make sure the value is approximately within the mid range d) If the value in step c is not within mid range, remove the ITB belt and reverse it from front to rear and repeat the prior steps again.

Thanks for the information Teckat. I looked at the codes and the machine was within the displacement range. So, I decided to relay to the Techs about the machine not being on the level and trust that they will take that into account when they come out to service the unit. I appreciate the pointers from everyone on this so I can speak a bit more intelligently with our reps.

E0075 0003

Quote Originally Posted by Nobilis View Post
    Thanks for the information Teckat. I looked at the codes and the machine was within the displacement range. So, I decided to relay to the Techs about the machine not being on the level and trust that they will take that into account when they come out to service the unit. I appreciate the pointers from everyone on this so I can speak a bit more intelligently with our reps.
    --------------------------

your welcome there are installation procedures that need to be followed on all Canon Printers, sadly not all techs are trained on the products they service----
    the Function below is in the install procedure check for IRADC5051

ITB.JPG

COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P ITB-INIT
    Initial adjustment of ITB Steering
    Level.1 =Details To make initial adjustment of reference position for the ITB Steering at initial installation or replacement of the ITB-related service parts.
    Use cases - -At installation
    -When replacing the ITB-related service parts
    Adj/set/operate method = Select the item, and then press OK key.
    Caution = Be sure to close all covers before execution.
    Display/adj/set range In processing: ACTIVE, At normal termination: OK, At abnormal termination: NG
    Required time Approx. 1 minute
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Related service mode/

COPIER> DISPLAY> MISC> ITB-POS

Display of ITB steering reference position
    Level.1 Details To display the steering reference position of ITB.
    Use case = At initial installation (after execution of COPIER> FUNCTION>MISC-P> ITB-INIT)
    Adj/set/operate method = N/A (display only)
    Display/adj/set range -580 to 580
    Unit = 1 pulse
    Appropriate target value -300 to 450
    Related service mode COPIER> FUNCTION> MISC-P> ITB-INIT

see attached pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

[QUOTE=teckat;393590]--------------------------

your welcome there are installation procedures that need to be followed on all Canon Printers, sadly not all techs are trained on the products they service----
    the Function below is in the install procedure check for IRADC5051

ITB.JPG

COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P ITB-INIT
    Initial adjustment of ITB Steering
    Level.1 =Details To make initial adjustment of reference position for the ITB Steering at initial installation or replacement of the ITB-related service parts.
    Use cases - -At installation
    -When replacing the ITB-related service parts
    Adj/set/operate method = Select the item, and then press OK key.
    Caution = Be sure to close all covers before execution.
    Display/adj/set range In processing: ACTIVE, At normal termination: OK, At abnormal termination: NG
    Required time Approx. 1 minute
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Related service mode/

COPIER> DISPLAY> MISC> ITB-POS

Display of ITB steering reference position
    Level.1 Details To display the steering reference position of ITB.
    Use case = At initial installation (after execution of COPIER> FUNCTION>MISC-P> ITB-INIT)
    Adj/set/operate method = N/A (display only)
    Display/adj/set range -580 to 580
    Unit = 1 pulse
    Appropriate target value -300 to 450
    Related service mode COPIER> FUNCTION> MISC-P> ITB-INIT

see attached pdf

Hi
    my problem
    iRAC5235i changed ITB unit for new one ,after ITB init received E 075-003.Counter 102:25000.

any idea?

E0075 0003

Is printer level ?
    What is reading on display ?