Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Algiers
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    27

    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Dear all,

    The error code E0020-1160 is displayed after replacing the drums. This occured in the same day with two different machines. The machines work when puting back the old drums. I cleaned the laser and installed the latest firmware and the same error code is displayed. In no feedback, tomorrow, i will try a DCCON clear.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,067
    Rep Power
    236

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    Dear all,

    The error code E0020-1160 is displayed after replacing the drums. This occured in the same day with two different machines. The machines work when puting back the old drums. I cleaned the laser and installed the latest firmware and the same error code is displayed. In no feedback, tomorrow, i will try a DCCON clear.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Rachid.
    -----------------------------------------
    E020-1160 refers to a light patch identified by the Patch Sensor on the ITB Belt.

    The resolution was to clean the Dustproof Glass. In this case, the color Magenta Laser was dirty and required extra cleaning of the laser slit glass using the provided Dustproof Glass Cleaning Tool that is attached on the inside of the front door.





    E020-1160 after replacing Magenta Drum.
    A case issue was resolved by setting in service mode > COPIER > OPTION > IMG-DEV > AUTO-DH (D-max / D-half control) to 0 and then install the new magenta drum and power on the copier and performing a full auto gradiation.
    The AUTO-DH then was set back 1 and power cycle the printer.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Algiers
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Hi to all,

    Since /BD signal is the horizontal scanning synchronous signal of Bk line, Bk color is used as a standard of horizontal scanning for each color. There is no way to detect the absence of any color laser beam (other than black). Error code E0100 is related to the black laser only.

    For this thread, replacing the laser assembly has solved my issue.

    Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    I am having the same error on a irac2030i.

    I cleaned everything.

    I even cleaned the lasser polygon among others.

    I tried the above procedure with Auto DH 0 & 1.

    Cleared the DC Con - still the same freaking error.

    When I put back old magenta drum - everything is fine, so this fact excludes HV or other stuff in the back of the copier.

    I am going back on monday to make a firmware upgrade - but I doubt it would help.

    Any ideas....

  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,067
    Rep Power
    236

    Unhappy Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    I am having the same error on a irac2030i.

    I cleaned everything.

    I even cleaned the lasser polygon among others.

    I tried the above procedure with Auto DH 0 & 1.

    Cleared the DC Con - still the same freaking error.

    When I put back old magenta drum - everything is fine, so this fact excludes HV or other stuff in the back of the copier.

    I am going back on monday to make a firmware upgrade - but I doubt it would help.

    Any ideas....
    --_--_--_---_--:

    Replace all Drums at same time > put in Door Specs> Power off\ on>
    Calibrate.
    Go into setting and registration / adjust maintenance / ITB-drum

    Or put back New M Drum> put im M Door Specs> power off\on> Calibrate

    I would not have touched polygon mirror
    Go into setting and registration / adjust maintenance / ITB-drum
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Thnx man !

    The sucker got it !

    It just needed one more restart. Go Figure...

    The polygon procedure was in a bulletin from Canon (Canon Europe of course)

  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,067
    Rep Power
    236

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    Thnx man !

    The sucker got it !

    It just needed one more restart. Go Figure...

    The polygon procedure was in a bulletin from Canon (Canon Europe of course)
    --______--
    Most of the time it,s the basics ,
    Always best to sit back and rest, take some notes, and develope plan procedure to follow.

    Good Luck
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    811
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: IRAC2020i: E020-1160 ERROR CODE

    Hello also this happened with me i replaced the drum after put it on other machine looks like it reseted then turn it back to the machine and it works i wonder why this often happen .
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here