Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ir3570 Help

rltech

ir3570 Help

Hi,
    I hope someone can help me.
    I know it's a little old now, but we have received a Canon ir3570 photocopier from someone else and we'd like to use it for printing and scanning (as well as photocopying). I've hooked it to our network and can get to the web interface but there currently seems to be no way to configure the printing or scanning. I'm guessing that I either need some additional software installed or enabled (which I know I'll need to pay for) but I've been unable to find anyone in Adelaide (Australia) who can/will let me know what's involved and the likely costs (we don't want to spend a heap as the unit is fairly old). The only possibility seems to be to go to Canon direct who want to charge an exorbitant fee just to give me a quote.
    Can anyone let me know what might be involved (and how to go about arranging it) and what sort of cost we're likely to be up for (ballpark figures are fine)?
    Thanks for your help.
    Cheers, Dave

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir3570 Help

Re: ir3570 Help

Sending Function (optional)*
    *The optional Universal Send Kit must be purchased & activated by registering a license key.

Printing (optional)*
    You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer by installing the optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit. This kit
    incorporates UFR II (Ultra Fast Rendering II)--It also supports PS and PCL- Order the kit through Canon Sales

Network Scanning (optional)*
    *The optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit must be installed on your machine, and Network ScanGear software must be installed on your
    computer to use this function.

To use this function, the machine is required to be connected to a network, equipped with the Printer function, and
    Network ScanGear to be installed on your computer
    -

Faxing (optional)*
    *The optional Super G3 FAX Board or Super G3 Multi-Line FAX Board is required.

You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.

Perform the following steps:

1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

2. Hit the [Device Configuration] button on the LCD screen.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

standard product configurations

Function iR 2230, 2830, 3530 iR 2270, 2870, 3570, 4570
    Copy Standard Standard
    Printer Optional (UFR II or PCL/UFR II) Optional (PCL/PS/UFR II)
    Fax *Optional (single-line only) Optional (single or dual-line)
    Network Standard Standard
    Remote UI **Optional Standard
    Mailbox **Optional Standard
    Network Scan **Optional Optional
    eCopy Suite Optional (ScanStation only) Optional (ScanStation only)
    Universal Send No Optional
    MEAP No Standard
    User Interface 1/4 Black and White VGA 1/1 Color VGA
    Memory Std 128 MB RAM (Max 256 MB RAM) Std 512 MB RAM
    Hard Drive Opt 20 GB HDD Std 20 GB HDD
    Std Paper Capicity 1,150 sheets 1,150 sheets
    Max Paper capicity 2,250 sheets 4,750 sheets
    * Fax capabilities are an option if the optional UFR II Printer Kit-E3 or PCL/UFR II PrinterKit-E2 is installed.
    ** These functions are available when the optional UFR II Printer Kit-E3 or PCL/UFR II PrinterKit-E2 is installed.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

rltech

Re: ir3570 Help

Thanks teckat,

I have checked and neither the optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit or the optional Universal Send Kit are installed. Now to see if I can find out how much they are in Australia.

Cheers, Dave