Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Guy 50+ Posts
    Well, so much for that theory. Customer called back 30 minutes after restart and it failed to scan. SO, apparantly the whole timeout test was just a coincidence.

I called another dealer who seems to think it's an issue with IP conflicts. I have a hard time beleiving this since we saw no evidence of network conflicts in both my other test networks, but may reinvestigate this with the new customer.

ugh.

trex0314

NETBIOS of TCP

Guys,
    I had no problems with this until I disable Netbios on the server receiving the scanned files. Turned it back on and now it works.

For me the challenge is getting it to work without Netbios over TCP\IP.
    Hope this helps;

Guy 50+ Posts
    Were you experiencing the same problem I was? Where the machine would work for awhile and then all of a sudden fail to receive SMB scans, yet still remain able to print, get RUI, etc?

Also, two of my clients that are experiencing this issue are p2p networks and are using Windows XP machines as their file servers. The default for Netbios on a WinXP machine is the following:

Default: "Use NetBios Setting from the DHCP Server. If static IP address is used or the DHCP server does not provide NetBios, enable NetBios over TCP/IP."

Other options are "Enable NetBios" and "Disable NetBios".

It would appear that, since they are not receiving NetBios settings from any server, and since i doubt their gateway is providing NetBios, that the default setting is enabling NetBios.

Should I just tick the "Enable NetBios" button to be sure?

Thanks for your help

trex0314

Enable Netbios

My problem is not exactly the same as yours and it only occured after I disabled Netbios Over TCP/IP. I would try enabling it like you said to see what happens. However, I am also sure what you mean by P2P network?

Guy 50+ Posts
    Ok, yeah it didnt sound like it was the same issue.

and by p2p (peer to peer) network i meant that it's a simple workgroup, no server.

Techiechic
    Quote Originally Posted by phorts View Post
    This is happening at two different customers of mine. I can't find this error code in the manual for this machine and I can't find it online anywhere. The only way the customer is able to resolve the issue is to restart the machine.

Networks differ at each customer. One is scanning to a Win2k3 Server and one is scanning to XP/Vista machines in a P2P network. Scanning will be working fine, and then all of a sudden stop working.

It will say "sending...sending....resending"... and then sit on resending.

I am trying to get more information from each customer.

Can anyone tell me what Error #751 is and how to resolve it?

thank you!

Hey

I got the same error here. Its a total mystery. The poor helpdesk lads are rebooting cannon printers all the time due to error #751 and not being able to scan. We are scanning to a file share on a nas box

Did you fix your issue?

Techiechic

CBSPJ

Thumbs up

I just had the exact problem with both an IRC5185 AND an IRC3380 at the same location. After using a packet analyzer we found nbstat traffic indicating WINS replication. We turned OFF WINS on the ImageRunners and they both worked.

Technician

smb...

I too am dealing with this, and have an open thread. All the common sense network stuff is in order and still I have this failure. I'll let you know if I stumble on it first.

Good Luck,

Chris

Technician

Techiechic
    Quote Originally Posted by Techiechic View Post
    Hey

I got the same error here. Its a total mystery. The poor helpdesk lads are rebooting cannon printers all the time due to error #751 and not being able to scan. We are scanning to a file share on a nas box

Did you fix your issue?

Techiechic

Hi

Just to let you know we resolved our error. The location of the files on the server did not have a wins entry on the server. There for the printer kept loosing network connectivity. wins was then turned back at the printer level..