Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Sounds like it is a problem with their router/switch. Since everything you did made no difference at all and rebooting the device made it work OK for even a few days, that sounds like a likely culprit.

You could try adding the same entry to the "Hosts" file in the same directory. Here is an article explaining the different host files. Having a path in the LMHost file is like giving it a direct path the the copier. Since it is still losing the connection I'd suspect the switch/router has some configuration that is filtering the packets, forwarding the wrong ports or just has a built in firewall causing the problem.

I'd try and put the monkey on their outsourced IT's guy's back, so to speak. It sounds like you have gone the extra mile doing everything you can and even swapping machines. Since what he did fix'd it temporarily, maybe he can get with you to come up with a more permanent solution.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon iRC3200 - Windows SMB Scan Error #751

Quote Originally Posted by sgcopiertech View Post
    Hi guys!

Currently experiencing this same problem error #751
    symptoms is the as the thread starter:
    all functions can work, but after a few minutes ( 10mins mostly )
    the scan to function will fail (error #751) smb browse will not be able to find
    the network, but ping command on the system settings> network settings>TCP/ip
    can communicate with other host. clients can ping the copier, print documents, pull scan,
    access RUI but only the "scan to file" wouldn't.
    I tried the 2 solutions above which is:
    turn of wins
    turn of SNMP
    still got the same problem...

anybody?
    If you are not using Canon Original toner cartridges it can throw up an E751 code!! Had this on three m/c's now.

sgcopiertech
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamut View Post
    If you are not using Canon Original toner cartridges it can throw up an E751 code!! Had this on three m/c's now.
    Hi, we are referring to #751 error for the send function and not the E751

sgcopiertech
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

if you are talking about the 751 error code/ look above at my posts on 751 Codes, pick out the one procedure that it is happening on and follow instructions >>> simple task
    I actually did, and for the first 10mins or so it is always working fine.
    configuration all ok, ping still works both ways even if smb browse doesn't work
    destination folders can still be accessed using another pc.
    it's just after 10min mark, scan to file fails...

@D_L_P: i am actually on the hunt for the same router that the customer is using, bring it to their site and do
    some testing as for the switch, i have already bypassed it during my first service call, i have put the cables directly to the router(consumer) but still same

will keep you guys posted! thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If they are running Windows Vista or 7 make sure File Sharing didn't get disabled. I have a customer with windows vista and every time M$ pushes an update, File Sharing gets disabled. Man I hate M$....

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iRC3200 - Windows SMB Scan Error #751

Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    If they are running Windows Vista or 7 make sure File Sharing didn't get disabled. I have a customer with windows vista and every time M$ pushes an update, File Sharing gets disabled. Man I hate M$....

where u been for 3 months ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

alig0r

Cool Re: Canon iRC3200 - Windows SMB Scan Error #751

Hi all,

i found this very interesting post today ( 3 years later ), and I found a solution that worked for me for this #751.

I have an issue with one people among 5 others for whom it worked. The context was a recent modification of their working environment, An AD server has been set up. To resolve the issue, I have chronogically :

cut off the firewall for domain on the Windows 7 computer of the person ( I am not sure that was the solution )
    I rebooted the printer. It did not work.
    I deleted the entry of the person ( \\PC\share ) in the adress book, recreated it with FQDN ( \\PC.domain.local\share ) : It worked !

For me the solution was deleting /recreating the entry.

Bye guys

alig0r