Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon Printer Kit-A1 and J100 Server

Hi all,

Need your advice, what is the deference of canon printer kit with fiery controller in BW imagePRESS machine? if i used fiery what is Advantage and Disadvantage? and if i used Canon Controller what is the advantage and Disadvantage?

What my customer want is to print the job directly after spooling in windows driver. like the normal canon iRA 6275.

Because my customer have imagePRESS 1110+ with J100 controller it takes time to print. my customer environment is like office and school. not a production by job. it production by queues of job.

can any one advice me about this matter please.

Regards
    Jason

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon Printer Kit-A1 and J100 Server

Quote Originally Posted by yazj View Post
    Hi all,

Need your advice, what is the deference of canon printer kit with fiery controller in BW imagePRESS machine? if i used fiery what is Advantage and Disadvantage? and if i used Canon Controller what is the advantage and Disadvantage?

What my customer want is to print the job directly after spooling in windows driver. like the normal canon iRA 6275.

Because my customer have imagePRESS 1110+ with J100 controller it takes time to print. my customer environment is like office and school. not a production by job. it production by queues of job.

can any one advice me about this matter please.

Regards
    Jason

--------------------------------------------------
    Do u have an Multi-Insertion Unit-A1 installed ????
    What apps are u printing from ???? (MS Excel ?)

Printer Kit-A1
    imagePRESS Printer Kit drives the press at its rated speed of 135 pages per minute. Built on a CPU of Yonah 1.86GHz this Canon-designed controller will enable true 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution with PostScript drivers with 256-level grayscale support.
    With PCL printing, equivalent 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution is available with 256-level grayscale support. The imagePRESS Printer Kit supports three page description languages. PCL5e/6 and Adobe PostScript 3 are common PDLs used for printing typical office documents.

-The Additional Memory Type A (512MB) will ship standard with the Printer Kit. It will be required to use with Adobe PostScript 3.
    -Ultra Fast Rendering II (UFR II) will NOT be supported by imagePRESS 1135/1125/1110.

Network Printing speed
    =there are many factors that effect speed-

The complexity and size of graphics
    The speed of the computer being used
    The amount of printer memory installed
    The network operating system and configuration
    Printer personality (PCL or PostScript(R) 3 emulation)
    important factor in print speed and throughput is file size. When printing graphics, it is not uncommon to see what may first appear as a relatively small file size, expand and spool out to a large file. This is because information that was not part of the document as viewed on the computer screen, must be included with the print job to allow the printer to format the page for printing and to control printer operations.

Certain file formats will not show their true size until they are spooled to the printer. These files are compressed for faster loading and viewing. Files in the JPEG, JPG, and GIF formats are examples of this type of file. If you look at the file in Windows Explorer, it may show that it is only 28 KBs, for example. However, when spooled to the printer, it may show up as 2 or 3 MBs. There is an easy way to check what the true printing size is by doing a Print to File from the computer.

see link for research/ on RIP
    http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Work/Products/Professional_Print/Controllers__RIPs/Printer_Kit_A1/
    Last edited by teckat; 12-30-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon Printer Kit-A1 and J100 Server

Using Webtools to Import Documents into the imagePRESS Server and Specific imagePASS Models

Import documents directly into the RIP using the internal web page, (Webtools), of the imagePRESS or imagePASS Server

You may import directly into the Direct, Print or Hold Queue. The illustration below shows an example of using Webtools to import a file from a computer to the Hold Queue of the RIP.

After you have entered the "Import" area as outlined above, you will see the following screen as shown below.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**