Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IR 3300 Connecting to laptop

This is my first post on this forum

I am using Canon IR 3300 . I want to connect the Canon IR 3300 to my laptop so that i can take printout's . As my laptop don't have a Parallel port so i use a converter (Parallel(36 Pin) to usb). I downloaded the drivers for the Canon IR 3300 from canon website and installed it on my laptop. But the problem is that when ever i try to print a document or any think from my laptop nothing happs, on the canon ir 3300 touch screen it says receiving printing job but nothing get printed.

I also try the Ethernet method connect the canon IR 3300 and the laptop with the ethernet cable. i am able to ping the canon IR 3300 ip and vice versa. And able to browse the interface of the canon IR 3300 from my laptop. But still can't print.

I want to know is there is special kit needed to installed on Canon IR 3300 so that i can use it as printer (Connect to laptop)

Please guide me.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 3300 Connecting to laptop

Do you have an iR-3300, iR-3300i, iR-3300e, or iR-3300en? Does it have the optional Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-C1?

iR-3300e has ethernet capability
    iR-3300en has ethernet capability

Is the machine even capable of printing? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am not familiar with Canon, but on a Ricoh if it is setup to require user codes for printing you will get something similar if you send a print job without a valid user ID. Example for the MP CXX03, in "Printing Preferences - Detailed Setting - Job Setup" there is a box for enterring a user code.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Do you have an iR-3300, iR-3300i, iR-3300e, or iR-3300en? Does it have the optional Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-C1?

iR-3300e has ethernet capability
    iR-3300en has ethernet capability

Is the machine even capable of printing? =^..^=
    It is IR-3300 there is Ethernet port and parallel port.

What is optional Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-C1? how do i know it is there in machine without un screwing it?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Canon.Tech View Post
    Press the counter button (123) does the machine model show IR3300"N" if yes then you have the print kit, if there is no "N" (IR3300) then the machine has no printer kit.

Also when you are connected to the machine via network & can ping it, type the ip address of the copier into your web browser this will open up the copier RUI page & give you more options.

Ok i will check it and post further one thing can u please explain it.
    As my laptop don't have a Parallel port so i use a converter (Parallel(36 Pin) to usb). I downloaded the drivers for the Canon IR 3300 from canon website and installed it on my laptop. But the problem is that when ever i try to print a document or any thing from my laptop nothing happs, on the canon ir 3300 touch screen it says receiving printing job but nothing get printed

If on the touch display it is displaying printing job receiving what that means? this happs when i am using converter parallel to usb and giving printing command from my laptop.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The parallel port is not for printing. It's for loading system software. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Problem solved but very strangely. see the screen shot previously my machine ir 3300 not showing the printer setting but now it is showing the printer setting. and i am able to print from my laptop using converter (Parallel(36 Pin) to usb) and ethernet. I don't know why previously it is not showing the printer setting.
    And when pressing the counter button it is showing ir 3300(ir 2200N)

no printer settingUntitled.jpgprinter setting Untitled.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Victor285's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paroh View Post
    This is my first post on this forum

I am using Canon IR 3300 . I want to connect the Canon IR 3300 to my laptop so that i can take printout's . As my laptop don't have a Parallel port so i use a converter (Parallel(36 Pin) to usb). I downloaded the drivers for the Canon IR 3300 from canon website and installed it on my laptop. But the problem is that when ever i try to print a document or any think from my laptop nothing happs, on the canon ir 3300 touch screen it says receiving printing job but nothing get printed.

I also try the Ethernet method connect the canon IR 3300 and the laptop with the ethernet cable. i am able to ping the canon IR 3300 ip and vice versa. And able to browse the interface of the canon IR 3300 from my laptop. But still can't print.

I want to know is there is special kit needed to installed on Canon IR 3300 so that i can use it as printer (Connect to laptop)

Please guide me.

If you can ping the unit and vice versa, you must have print capability. Chances are that you did not load the correct print driver for the copier. There are many on the canon web-site and sometimes very confusing for those that do not do this routinely. Try a different print driver. Good Luck!

Technician

Victor285 see my previous post the problem is solved. Now i am searching for the latest firmware for my IR 3300.

In version it is showing Boot-ROM 26.44N is there is any updated version available

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paroh View Post
    Victor285 see my previous post the problem is solved. Now i am searching for the latest firmware for my IR 3300.

In version it is showing Boot-ROM 26.44N is there is any updated version available
    ---------------------

that is the latest/

last update was in 2006
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**