Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

canon ir3170Ci fuser code 002 - what to change please. How to test thermistors

After a short period of storage this machine - less than 60k copies - returns error code 002 right at the end of the warm up cycle. This seems to be fuser related - over temp???

But Ihave had the very clean fuser out and checked - all lamps are OK. Two thermistors seem OK and resistance drops as they are warmed in hand. Resistance at finger temp about 200k each. Is that what you would expect?

The thermistor in contact with roller had a small amount of crud - carefully cleaned off.

I tried to clear the code in service mode as it may be persistent.

Manual is specific about code 001 and 003, but not 002.

Anyone have any guidance for me please -reluctant to order a new fuser at a trade of over £300 when I see nothing at all wrong with the current very clean unit.

Maybe I am missing something obvious??

Thanks all

Alan

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: canon ir3170Ci fuser code 002 - what to change please. How to test thermistors

Hello

What is the full error code?

V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Re: canon ir3170Ci fuser code 002 - what to change please. How to test thermistors

Hello,

Verify the front/right door switch SW3 functioning system. If (for a reason) it is open while the doors are closed, the fixing heaters are not supplied with power and an error code will be displayed.

Rachid.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    canon ir3170Ci fuser code 002 - what to change please.  How to test thermistors

Lightbulb Re: canon ir3170Ci fuser code 002 - what to change please. How to test thermistors

Technician

I have to confess - as I checked this in order to reply I have got confused with the error codes.

The full code is E000070-0002

I now realise that I interpreted the service manual incorrectly and this surely is a Transfer Belt issue. The codes are not shown very clearly in the SM.

Which explains why the Fuser all tests OK I suppose - leaves me with the transfer belt issue to deal with.

I tried the cleaning functions from the service menu - they DO NOT time out - just keeps running, and the transfer belt seems not be be transported.

The belt is very clean and appears tight and free from wrinkles.

The machine is very low copy count and is very clean internally.

What should I be looking for? I cannot believe that the ITB would need changing at such a low copy count - about 50k I recall.

Thanks for your input.

Alan