Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

ir3570 as a printer

Can we use canon ir3570 as a printer without HDD. If yes what are the modification required because my m/c is not showing report setting to print the configuration page. My m/c is with one SDRAM, One bootrom,FRAM in my main controller pcb.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ir3570 as a printer

Re: ir3570 as a printer

All ir3570 models have a hard drive as standard.

Put the machine on your network, type the copier ip address into your web browser this page will tell you if the copier has a print kit installed.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ir3570 as a printer

You need either

[1] UFR II Printer Kit-E3 (UFR II print function) (P bootrom)
    [2] Printer Kit-E2 (UFR II & PCL print function) (H bootrom)
    [3] Multi-PDL Printer Kit-E1 (UFR II & PCL & PS print function) (N bootrom)

You also need 256MB Expansion RAM-B1
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Technician

Dear sir,
    As instructed by u I had installed printer bootrom, a new hdd and RAM is expanded to 2X256MB. Start the machine display screen shows with hdd downloading completed on the machine. switch off main power and ON. Now the machine unable to start with showing canon logo on display and progress task in the halfway. Pl suggest what to do?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir3570 as a printer

Quote Originally Posted by susanta_gaan View Post
    Dear sir,
    As instructed by u I had installed printer bootrom, a new hdd and RAM is expanded to 2X256MB. Start the machine display screen shows with hdd downloading completed on the machine. switch off main power and ON. Now the machine unable to start with showing canon logo on display and progress task in the halfway. Pl suggest what to do?
    -----------------
    - When replacing a DIMM, use (Qty 1) 512 MB DIMM or (Qty 2) 256 MB DIMM. The 256MB DIMM will continue to be supplied.

Be careful not to install a 512 MB DIMM into a machine with 512 MB already installed. Adding a 128MB, 256MB, or 512MB DIMM into the additional open slot will render the machine inoperative. - The 512MB DIMM can be mounted on either of the slot

what print kit did u install ??
    make sure Memory Sticks on the Main Controller are not reversed.

Until the HDD is formatted and system, RUI and Language is loaded onto the HDD the copier will not boot up at all.
    you are suppose to start the copier in download mode, format HDD, and then load system, RUI and language first.
    u installed a new HDD ?? did HDD have working firmware loaded in it ??

if not>
    did u format it with SST format file for your model ? then load models firmware into HDD

The contacts of the BOOT ROM or MEMORY can loose connection to the Main Controller
    Last edited by teckat; 02-27-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    -----------------
    - When replacing a DIMM, use (Qty 1) 512 MB DIMM or (Qty 2) 256 MB DIMM. The 256MB DIMM will continue to be supplied.

Be careful not to install a 512 MB DIMM into a machine with 512 MB already installed. Adding a 128MB, 256MB, or 512MB DIMM into the additional open slot will render the machine inoperative. - The 512MB DIMM can be mounted on either of the slot

what print kit did u install ??
    make sure Memory Sticks on the Main Controller are not reversed.

Until the HDD is formatted and system, RUI and Language is loaded onto the HDD the copier will not boot up at all.
    you are suppose to start the copier in download mode, format HDD, and then load system, RUI and language first.
    u installed a new HDD ?? did HDD have working firmware loaded in it ??

if not>
    did u format it with SST format file for your model ? then load models firmware into HDD

The contacts of the BOOT ROM or MEMORY can loose connection to the Main Controller
    Sir,
    1) yes it's DIMM (2) X 256mb connected to two different slot.
    2) HDD is model specific with working firmware preinstalled when i brought.
    3) It is a N-bootrom.
    Can u please suggest me to Format the HDD again if I dont have sst and supporting cable.also pl. provide me a link to get RUI and firmware for ir3570.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ir3570 as a printer

It's not a good idea to fit a HDD with firmware pre loaded as the firmware might not match the DC Con firmware etc.

You'll need to format the HDD & install the firmware yourself, but i'd reccomend you get a trained tech to do it for you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    It's not a good idea to fit a HDD with firmware pre loaded as the firmware might not match the DC Con firmware etc.

You'll need to format the HDD & install the firmware yourself, but i'd reccomend you get a trained tech to do it for you.
    can u please give me the procedure and necessary software required.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir3570 as a printer

Quote Originally Posted by susanta_gaan View Post
    can u please give me the procedure and necessary software required.
    --------------------------------------------
    Stuck in wait 1/8 of progress bar indicated

u have a MEMORY ISSUE or a BOOT ROM ISSUE or a FIRMWARE ISSUE or a HDD ISSUE or an ALL ISSUE

where did u get this "N" BOOT ROM FROM

this printer/copier never had an HDD ????? are u sure this printer/copier is a iR3570

Boot Rom slot on the Main Controller is the same size as the DCON Dimm slot on the DC Controller. Hastily replacing this chip without confirming the correct slot will damage the chip. NOTE: If you are installing a network boot rom and it is damaged, you will need to contact the TSC for the replacement procedure.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------------------
    Stuck in wait 1/8 of progress bar indicated

u have a MEMORY ISSUE or a BOOT ROM ISSUE or a FIRMWARE ISSUE or a HDD ISSUE or an ALL ISSUE

where did u get this "N" BOOT ROM FROM

this printer/copier never had an HDD ????? are u sure this printer/copier is a iR3570

Boot Rom slot on the Main Controller is the same size as the DCON Dimm slot on the DC Controller. Hastily replacing this chip without confirming the correct slot will damage the chip. NOTE: If you are installing a network boot rom and it is damaged, you will need to contact the TSC for the replacement procedure.

Sir, N bootrom taken from a working machine. It is ir3570.HDD is new one.Boot rom connected to its proper slot in main controller. Still the problem with 1/8 progress bar
    Last edited by susanta_gaan; 03-01-2014 at 05:25 AM. Reason: to add some details