Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon iR 1022if SYSTEMERROR E354

Hi,
    I have a problem with one of our copiers. I had to replace SOFT-ID board, and now I am getting error message : SYSTEMERROR E354. That error has something to do with the serial number mismatch, if I'm not wrong.... The reason why I changed the board is because copier wouldn't boot up with the old one. Message "INITIALISING" was on the screen all the time, no matter what you did... Prior to changing the board, I've installed new firmware, but nothing happened. The SOFT-ID board that I've installed is used, I took it from another copier. With this board system boots, but I get the error message. Is there any way that I can make it work? Thank you in advance.

Re: Canon iR 1022if SYSTEMERROR E354

the counter board must always stay in that machine, they have encrypted somewhere else in the machine the serial number and counter board ID so even if you change the other boards you must keep the counter on the original machine
    Life is a learning continuum...

Quote Originally Posted by bipc View Post
    the counter board must always stay in that machine, they have encrypted somewhere else in the machine the serial number and counter board ID so even if you change the other boards you must keep the counter on the original machine
    The counter board has not been replaced at all, only the board that has "SOFT-ID" written on it. I will take a picture of it tomorrow, and post it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

main con, serial number pcb, counter pcb and eco pcb are all serialized. you cannot take from one machine to another as the EEPROM has already been written with another serial number. You MUST contact Canon to get replacement parts for this.

well, iīve been looking on the parts catalog for a soft-id board and cannot find one, could you be talking about the image processor? the big one on the back of the machine (number 1)? if it is you gotta keep everything else (all the other smaller boards) from the one that was bad
    IR1022if.pdf

well, iīve been looking on the parts catalog for a soft-id board and cannot find one, could you be talking about the image processor? the big one on the back of the machine (number 1)? if it is you gotta keep everything else (all the other smaller boards) from the one that was bad
    IR1022if.pdf
    This is how the board looks like. It has a code on it : FM2-2801. There is nothing like that in parts manual
    20140211_150214.jpg 20140211_150310.jpg 20140211_150343.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

IR1022if.pdf
    eco and counter look to be the same board in this unit.

i believe that board is part of the fax assembly on IF machines, just dont know if those also keep record of the serial and counter they belong to, or if they work if you change them without changing the all fax assembly, will try to check that out later

i believe that board is part of the fax assembly on IF machines, just dont know if those also keep record of the serial and counter they belong to, or if they work if you change them without changing the all fax assembly, will try to check that out later
    I have another machine that doesn't have fax or network (iR1018), but it has that same board .

well got curious with that board, so took one of my 1022's and in the manual it seems to be one of the boards that connect to the fax or modem board, but when disassembled it comes clear why it doesn't show on the parts catalog, itīs not a "part" thatīs the serial number PCB wich holds the serial number, where did you get the new one? better to follow northernlife's advice and ask canon for a replacement for that serial number