Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Re: canon irc5185 not printing

Dear Teckat

m back again ,and still dizzy actually about this machine i couldnt deinstall the licence as you posted for me the steps i wonder why ,i do your steps step by step and still nothing happen ,i enter the function key of the machine and system mangmenat licanse and i found it empty (im talkin about the used machine that have ufrr . also i entered the service mode 2 and trying to change the value of the PSUFR and it didnt changed,there's not another way to use new Copier as a printer !! :/

i wonder why a brand new machine irc5180 the UFRII not installed and configured as the other brand new copiers , i need a help :/ plz
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon irc5185 not printing

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Dear Teckat

m back again ,and still dizzy actually about this machine i couldnt deinstall the licence as you posted for me the steps i wonder why ,i do your steps step by step and still nothing happen ,i enter the function key of the machine and system mangmenat licanse and i found it empty (im talkin about the used machine that have ufrr . also i entered the service mode 2 and trying to change the value of the PSUFR and it didnt changed,there's not another way to use new Copier as a printer !! :/

i wonder why a brand new machine irc5180 the UFRII not installed and configured as the other brand new copiers , i need a help :/ plz
    ================================================== =
    Cannot Disable the PCL License or PS License
    If you are not able to disable either the PCL or PS option individually, it means these items were added as a bundled kit.

In such a case, PS and PCL were enabled on the device because either the PS/PCL or PS/PCL/UFR kit was installed.

To transfer one of these items, you will find either "PSPCU" for the PS/PCL/UFR option or "PSPCL" for the PS/PCL option. Once you find the appropriate option, set it to 0 if you want to transfer the kit. Get the transfer code and process the transaction as you would any other license transfer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK this setting------------------
    COPIER > OPTION > INT-FACE > IMG-CONT setting .

The machine has an internal print board so the IMG-CONT value is 0 by default and does not need to be changed.
    This should only be set to 3 when connecting an external controller>like a imagePass H1 .

now listen up------------these printers are out of production> where did u buy these products ??

all i Series family have the UFR Board installed

the i Series does not need a license to activate it> it is Standard
    on the non-i series it requires a license from inside the kit that u need to activate into the printer & then register online

You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.
    1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

2. Hit the [Device Configuration] button on the LCD screen.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

For example, if you find UFRII and PCL, but do not find PS on this screen on an iR C5180, it means that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit is installed, but the PS Printer Kit is not installed.
    * Note - You will need to install the appropriate printer drivers on the workstation in order to print.

The License Management System is a website used to register LANs (License Access Numbers) for Universal Send Kits and other optional kits for the Canon imageRUNNER devices.

To Register a LAN:

1. Using a Web Browser (ex. Internet Explorer) on your PC, go to the LMS website at http://www.canon.com/lms/ir.

2. Enter in the LAN provided in the optional kit (ex. Universal Send Kit).

3. Enter the serial number for the imageRUNNER device (the machine that the optional kit will be installed on). BE SURE TO ENTER THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER.

4. Copy down the License Key number for the installation.

For more information, please see the attached file lms.pdf.

To Install the Optional Kit on the imageRUNNER Device:

1. On the copier, hit Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration.

2. Enter the License Key number you copied down when registering the LAN on the LMS website.

3. Hit the Start button on the License Registration screen.

4. Reboot the copier.

* Note that some optional kits may require certain prerequisite items to be installed before performing the above steps.
    Last edited by teckat; 02-21-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== =

listen up------------

all printers in the 5180 family have the UFR Board installed

the i Series does not need a license to activate it> it is Standard
    on the non-i series it requires a license from inside the kit that u need to activate into the printer & then register online

You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.
    1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

For example, if you find UFRII and PCL, but do not find PS on this screen on an iR C5180, it means that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit is installed, but the PS Printer Kit is not installed.
    * Note - You will need to install the appropriate printer drivers on the workstation in order to print.

The License Management System is a website used to register LANs (License Access Numbers) for Universal Send Kits and other optional kits for the Canon imageRUNNER devices.

To Register a LAN:

1. Using a Web Browser (ex. Internet Explorer) on your PC, go to the LMS website at http://www.canon.com/lms/ir.

2. Enter in the LAN provided in the optional kit (ex. Universal Send Kit).

3. Enter the serial number for the imageRUNNER device (the machine that the optional kit will be installed on). BE SURE TO ENTER THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER.

4. Copy down the License Key number for the installation.

For more information, please see the attached file lms.pdf.

To Install the Optional Kit on the imageRUNNER Device:

1. On the copier, hit Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration.

2. Enter the License Key number you copied down when registering the LAN on the LMS website.

3. Hit the Start button on the License Registration screen.

4. Reboot the copier.

* Note that some optional kits may require certain prerequisite items to be installed before performing the above steps.

i understood all what u post Teckat ,and i didnt as u worte i checked

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. i found nothing just 1 page and theres no UFRII and PS /PCl that mean the machine dont have the LMS registerd ,and also i didnt come with the machine ,i told u befor that i have same copier model but used and when i entered the device configuration i found the page 2 which is written Option:UFRII ,how can i see the licence of the used machine to de-install it to the new one that will solve my problem and still my new machine counter 11 K not 440500 K
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon irc5185 not printing

u can't transfer the LMS by yourself/ u need to call CANON

Do u see this option on the Printer that has the Kit registered

1. Select in Service mode Level-2 under COPIER > OPTION > LCNS-TR and
    set ST-PCLUF from 1 to 0.
    2. Write down the disable-code.
    [You will need this disable-code later for transfer the kit to another copier]

1. Enter into Service Mode on the copier (hit Additional Functions, then 2 and 8, then Additional Functions).
    2. Enter Level 2 in Service Mode (hit Additional Functions, then 2).
    3. Press Copier.
    4. Select Option.
    5. Choose LCNS-TR.
    6. Set the appropriate kit option to 0 (ex. for Universal Send Kit, set ST-Send to 0). Hit OK.
    7. Write down Transfer License Key (ex. TR-Send) generated by the copier under this setting.
    8. Call the Technical Support Center with the device serial numbers and the Transfer License Key.

* Make sure you have this number (Transfer License Key) handy when calling the TSC.
    This number must be provided to ensure that the License was indeed cancelled on the imageRUNNER.

Contacting the Technical Support Center:

Contact the Technical Support Center at 1-800-528-2830 to transfer a license from one device to another.
    You will be required to have the following information:
    1. The serial number of the old device.
    2. The serial number of the new device. (Verify that this serial number exists in your dealer inventory).
    3. The Transfer Key number.To get the Transfer Key number, you will have to disable the license on the old device (see above).
    4. The Orginal LAN number for that specific option being transferred.

You only need to call the Technical Support Center to transfer the license from one machine to another machine.
    You do not need to call the Technical Support Center to disable the license on a given machine.

Simply follow the procedure above to disable the license on your device. Write down the resulting Transfer Key Number and the serial number of the device that you disabled the license on.
    Also write down the License Access Number for the kit. Keep this information in a safe place. When you have the serial number for the new device that you want to transfer the kit to, then call the Technical Support Center with all of the above required information. The Technical Support Center staff can then transfer the license in the LMS system and generate a new license key number for your new device.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**