Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR3220 ADF Installation

Re: Canon iR3220 ADF Installation

Quote Originally Posted by cfarris View Post
    I do have the full service manual, but I do not have the DADF service manual. If I do one page only the paper returns fine. If I do more than one it does not return and jams. When I try to duplex I can hear it flip but it does not return. It jams on the right side.

Thanks again for all of your help!
    ---------------

there is a fix for that> trying to recall

inside REVERSE COVER ASSEMBLY there is a black plastic >long very thin rod w/a spring attached to end> it falls out of position (snaps into small notch) or even breaks/ I used to carry a few wrapped in bubble wrap (try to prevent it breaking )

paper edge hits the middle flag w/spring > on the other end of plastic rod that flag needs to unblock/block a sensor

& sometimes I needed to replace the entire Reverse Delivery U nit to solve issues with REVERSAL
    REV.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 in pic // FB5-0389-000 (Canon uses weird descriptions for some parts )
    #6 is spring // FB5-0388-000

see pic
    flag.JPG
    flag1.JPG

Delivery operation (forward rotation)
    Reverse delivery registration sensor (SR5)detects (ON) the document leading edge and the reverse delivery motor (M3) rotates forward. (The document is sent to the reverse delivery assembly.)
    Delivery operation (reverse rotation)
    The reverse delivery registration sensor (SR5) detects (OFF) the trailing edge of the document.

Reverse inlet sensor (U505) detects (ON) the leading edge of the document and the feed motor (M2) rotates in reverse. (The document is returned to the copyboard glass.)
    Reverse inlet sensor (U505) detects (OFF) the trailing edge of the document. The delivery motor (M2) feeds the document till the leading edge is in the reverse stop position and then stops.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: Canon iR3220 ADF Installation

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Will this solve the return on single sided copies as well?