Thread: Job Build ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Job Build ?

Job Build ?

Customer is requesting "Job Build" tool.

meaning - he wants to print complex PDF files with a certain sequence of A4 than separator than A3 than A4 than again separator etc etc.

He owns a bunch of Canon ir-s and irc-s. Of course solution should not be crazy expensive.

Right now they are using a driver feature but they complain a lot because it is not professional and because a lot of errors and bugs.

Ideas ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Job Build ?

Re: Job Build ?

I would suggest you print the document to the Mailbox of the copier,

i.e, Set the 'Output Method' to 'Store' in Properties of the Print Dialogue box
    Screenshot 2014-02-24 17.55.29.jpg

Then print from the Mailbox and take advantage of options of the 'Additional Function' button.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Job Build ?

Job Build function under Special Features on the copier, enables you to scan large-quantity originals by dividing them into multiple batches. The originals are then printed as one document after all the batches have been scanned. Job Build can also be used to scan documents which consist of several parts, each requiring different scan settings.
    Steps for Job Build Function:

Copy
    1. Insert the first batch into the document feeder, making sure not to exceed the feeder’s capacity (e.g., 50 or 100 sheets), or place the first original on the platen glass.
    2. On the Copy tab, press [Special Features].
    3. Press [Job Build].
    4. Press [Done].
    5. Press [Start]. The first original(s) will be scanned
    6. When the scanning is done, insert the next batch into the feeder or place the next original on the platen glass. Change the settings on the pop-up screen if desired.
    7. Press [Start].
    8. After the last originals are scanned, press [Done] to begin copying

Send (Universal Send)
    1. Insert the first batch into the document feeder, making sure not to exceed the feeder’s capacity (e.g., 50 or 100 sheets), or place the first original on the platen glass.
    2. On the “Send” tab, select your destination or destinations.
    3. Press the Scan Settings drop down menu and select [Option].
    4. Make any necessary settings changes.
    5. Select [Special Features].
    6. Select [Job Build], then press [Done].
    7. Press [OK].
    8. Press [Start].
    9. When the scanning is done, insert the next batch into the feeder or place a new original on the platen glass. Change the settings on the pop-up screen if desired.
    10. Press [Start].
    11. After the last originals are scanned, press [Done] to begin the “Send.”

Scan to Mail Box
    2. On the Mail Box tab, select the Inbox into which you would like to scan a document. Input the password if Inbox is password-protected.
    3. Press [Scan].
    4. Press [Special Features].
    5. Press [Job Build].
    6. Press [Done].
    7. Press [Start]. The device will scan the first original(s).
    8. When the scanning is done, insert the next batch into the feeder or place the next original on the platen glass. Change the settings on the pop-up screen if desired.
    9. Press [Start].
    10. After the last originals are scanned, press [Done] to begin scanning to Mail Box.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Can I use Job Build with other features, such as Duplex and Stapling?
    A: Yes. Using Job Build in combination with other finishing features is an ideal way to leverage the power of your imageRUNNER device to increase productivity and create finished documents.

Q: How does Job Build help increase productivity?
    A: By using Job Build when making copies of documents that exceed the feeder’s capacity, you can make complete sets without requiring additional collation. This reduces the total amount of time to make document sets.

Q: Can I use Job Build to scan or copy documents using both the feeder and the platen glass?
    A: Yes. Job Build combines documents scanned or copied from both the document feeder and the platen glass.

Q: I want to scan and e-mail a document from the imageRUNNER device, but some pages are one-sided and others are duplexed. What can I do?
    A: The Job Build feature is ideal for scanning documents with mixed settings. You can scan the one-sided batch, switch to Two-Sided Mode, scan in the next batch, and then switch the setting back to the One-Sided Mode.

Q: Are there any restrictions to how many documents can be scanned with Job Build?
    A: No.

Q: How do I access the Job Build function?
    A: Job Build is a standard feature of both Copy and Mail Box on most imageRUNNER devices and is located within the Special Features screens. When the device is configured with Universal Send, Job Build is also available when performing this function.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Job Build ?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Can I use Job Build with other features, such as Duplex and Stapling?
    A: Yes. Using Job Build in combination with other finishing features is an ideal way to leverage the power of your imageRUNNER device to increase productivity and create finished documents.

Q: How does Job Build help increase productivity?
    A: By using Job Build when making copies of documents that exceed the feeder’s capacity, you can make complete sets without requiring additional collation. This reduces the total amount of time to make document sets.

Q: Can I use Job Build to scan or copy documents using both the feeder and the platen glass?
    A: Yes. Job Build combines documents scanned or copied from both the document feeder and the platen glass.

Q: I want to scan and e-mail a document from the imageRUNNER device, but some pages are one-sided and others are duplexed. What can I do?
    A: The Job Build feature is ideal for scanning documents with mixed settings. You can scan the one-sided batch, switch to Two-Sided Mode, scan in the next batch, and then switch the setting back to the One-Sided Mode.

Q: Are there any restrictions to how many documents can be scanned with Job Build?
    A: No.

Q: How do I access the Job Build function?
    A: Job Build is a standard feature of both Copy and Mail Box on most imageRUNNER devices and is located within the Special Features screens. When the device is configured with Universal Send, Job Build is also available when performing this function.

As comprehensive as always!
    Kudo!

Job Build ?

Thnx for the replies guys but (there is always a but) as I stated, they already use the printer driver (and mailbox) and it is not enough for them.

Customer is printing PDF files (A3 drawings with a lot of layers and GIS). A4 mixed with A3.

A typical file looks like this :

4 pages text and chart in A4
    120 A3 drawings with some dividers
    10 A4 pages
    50 A3
    etc

It is just printing. No scanning or sending involved. Originals are created by CAD or something similar.

Job Build ?

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    Thnx for the replies guys but (there is always a but) as I stated, they already use the printer driver (and mailbox) and it is not enough for them.

Customer is printing PDF files (A3 drawings with a lot of layers and GIS). A4 mixed with A3.

A typical file looks like this :

4 pages text and chart in A4
    120 A3 drawings with some dividers
    10 A4 pages
    50 A3
    etc

It is just printing. No scanning or sending involved. Originals are created by CAD or something similar.
    =========================================
    buy a Toshiba

e-BRIDGE Job Build

Highlights

• Print different document types such as Word, Excel, PDF and others together as a set
    • Switch between single and double sided printing within a job
    • Combine A4 and A3 pages sizes within a job
    • Use Various Paper weights and colour
    • Save time sorting and collating!

http://www.copyworld.com.au/document...dge-job-build/
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Not a free solution, but eCopy PDF Pro Desktop can do this quite easily.

In its former lives it was known and eCopy Desktop and eCopy Paperworks.

The customer can download a fully functional 30 day trial copy of it from eCopy... errrrr, excuse me, "Nuance".
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Job Build ?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =========================================
    buy a Toshiba

e-BRIDGE Job Build

Highlights

• Print different document types such as Word, Excel, PDF and others together as a set
    • Switch between single and double sided printing within a job
    • Combine A4 and A3 pages sizes within a job
    • Use Various Paper weights and colour
    • Save time sorting and collating!

http://www.copyworld.com.au/document...dge-job-build/

that is exactly what I was looking for

shame on Canon for not developing it too

Job Build ?

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    that is exactly what I was looking for