Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Angry Canon IR C2880 unable to print on network

Hello all,

I have a Canon ImageRunner C2880 that I bought from a wholesaler. It has network print and universal send. On the network I can ping the device and even log onto the web interface but none of the computers can print to it. I know it must be something simple that I am missing. Is there a feature in additional functions that allows you to turn off printing via tcp/ip? I can print fine through a USB cable.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Mike

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C2880 unable to print on network

Hello

First thing to check - Is it an 'i' model - by default this model has PCL / UFR licences installed.

Can quickly verify through the counter (123) if not installed you cannot print via network

What driver are you using PCL / UFR?

Vamoursly

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C2880 unable to print on network

imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880 /C3380i / C2880i

Available Print Options for the imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880

What are the available Print Options for the imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880? What are the item codes?

IMPORTANT NOTES on the imageRUNNER C3380i / C2880i:

OLD SPECIFICATION: The 'i' models are a value package for corporate environments. Corporate environments that print from popular Microsoft Office applications and DO NOT print graphic intensive documents and DO NOT require true Adobe Postscript 3 output can benefit from purchasing the 'i' models which will offer complete functionality for the office in one package. The 'i' models only support the PCL Printer Kit-Q1 (which comes standard) and the optional PS Printer 6Kit-Q1. The optional imagePASS J1 IS NOT available on the 'i' models.

UPDATED CURRENT SPECIFICATION: The specifications for the 'i' models have changed. The required Open Interface Board is now available for purchase, allowing the Fiery controllers to be connected to the 'i' model machines. Please see

----------------------------------------------------------

These are the available print options and item codes for the imageRUNNER C3380/C2880 Series:

Print Options: Item Codes:

PCL Printer Kit-Q1 [1461B001AA]

PS Printer Kit-Q1 [1462B001AA]

imagePASS J1 [0878B001AA]

Available Print Controller Summary:

UFRII printing is standard on all of these models. UFRII printing is not available if the optional imagePASS J1 is added.

Copier Models: Supported Print Controllers:

imageRUNNER C3380i / C2880i - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (standard) - PS Printer Kit -Q1 * (optional) - imagePASS J1 ** (optional)

imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880 - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (optional) - PS Printer Kit -Q1 * (optional) - imagePASS J1 (optional)

* PS Printer Kit-Q1 requires that PCL Printer Kit-Q1 and iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 be previously installed.

** Requires the optional Open Interface Board on the 'i' models. Please see Related Article 64991 for more information.

imagePASS-J1:

- New EFI (Fiery) external piggyback controller for the iR C3380/C2880 models. - Cannot be installed with the PCL Printer Kit-Q1. - Not supported with 'i' model machines (iR C3380i/C2880i). - Intel Celeron M - 1.2 GHz CPU. - 256 MB standard memory (256 optional, max 512 MB). - 80 GB HDD. - Designed for color-intensive, more graphic intensive, multi-user environments. - Supports true Adobe PostScript 3.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C2880 unable to print on network

You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.

Perform the following steps:

1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

2. Hit the [Device Configuration] button on the LCD screen.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

For example, if you find UFRII and PCL, but do not find PS on this screen on an iR C5180, it means that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit is installed, but the PS Printer Kit is not installed. The exact Canon Printer Kits available vary by device model. See your specific device's documentation for more information.

* Note - You will need to install the appropriate printer drivers on the workstation in order to print
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**