Technician

Canon iR 2020c - code E020-0060

Hello,

I have code E020-0060 on Canon iR2020C even after change of the drums (all 4) and transfer belt. Sometimes it even gives E020-1060 code. Any help is appreciated.

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

Re: Canon iR 2020c - code E020-0060

Both codes relate to the yellow and magenta ATR Patch sensors in the respective drums, it is basically saying the levels detected are higher that than the upper limit of what they should be. This could be because the drum is faulty and it is allowing to much toner to mix with the developer (or something silly such as the drums were stored on end instead of flat causing all the dev to go down to one end that's why they tell us to rock the drums back and forth to ensure the dev is even through out the unit, silly I know but the times I have done it without thinking!!!)

I would try if you already haven't taking the yellow and magenta drums out rocking them back and forth and reinserting them, then if they don't error code straight away go straight to the full auto graduation adjustment in the customer user mode as this sets up the levels for the patch sensor.

If this doesn't work try different drums from another machine if possible, if it still error codes then check all the electrical connectors and contacts between the drums and machine ensuring they are all clean (either wipe with a dry lint free cloth or blow out with something like a puffer brush, I would say use a quick burst of canned air but this runs the risk of blowing toner all over the place and making the problem worse).

After that you are looking at the high voltage power boards and wiring and the DC controller.

Hope some of this helps.

PhillHoang

Cool Re: Canon iR 2020c - code E020-0060

This is IRAC2020?
    Imaging the rasin in the developer as the sand in the tube with the stir in the middle and you trying to balance the surface of it.
    do those drum units.
    Power off.Re_inserting into the copier.Left the front door open.
    Power on.Wait for the machine asking to close the front door.
    At last,service mode , install ,stir the toners.initial the devs.
    Good luck.

Technician
    First of all tnx for quick responses.

You were right it was Y and M cartridges problem as when I returned old cartridges, no code was present.

I will try shaking the cartridges and try to fix it that way.

If you guys know where is the location for stirring toner in diagnostics, it would be very hepful.

Thanks once again.

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

In service mode

Copier > Function > Install

here you get the choice to initialize all four drums/devs or you can do individual colours. I think it is Initial-4 for all of them or -M and -Y for the individuals.

If in doubt press the green 'I' button on the display and it will tell you what each of the options does.

PhillHoang

Quote Originally Posted by MjarbarV2.0 View Post
    In service mode

Copier > Function > Install

here you get the choice to initialize all four drums/devs or you can do individual colours. I think it is Initial-4 for all of them or -M and -Y for the individuals.

If in doubt press the green 'I' button on the display and it will tell you what each of the options does.
    There you are! it seems, icb does not know about Canon machine.you had installed the drum units,without knowing the procedure!done!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Pull the laser out and clean it by hand, the wand sucks. Run into these at a construction site quite a bit.

Technician
    Thanks for everyones input, machine is actually returned to customer with old M and Y drums, but now I know what to do when I go to the machine again.

Thanks a lot !

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

these machines sucks really i pissed of from this model ,this problem always happen ,most of the time as my mates wrote Drum problems,i think there a defualt in these drums ,i stucked once at my client when i got a call from him to change the Y drum and when i replaced it with the new one the error occur ,i tried to make str for it from the service mode but it gives NG ,i understood that its not initializing i wonderd you actully, so i tried at my another client and it works normally i wonderd why this happen .
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    these machines sucks really i pissed of from this model ,this problem always happen ,most of the time as my mates wrote Drum problems,i think there a defualt in these drums ,i stucked once at my client when i got a call from him to change the Y drum and when i replaced it with the new one the error occur ,i tried to make str for it from the service mode but it gives NG ,i understood that its not initializing i wonderd you actully, so i tried at my another client and it works normally i wonderd why this happen .

Its just the laser being dirty, remove the laser and clean mirrors and polygon mirror, very dirty mc.