Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 7095

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Have an odd problem with this machine, 1st it says finisher not recognized , then the operation panel locks up cant get any functions to work, when it does see the finisher the op panel will work for a few seconds , then the screen will go back to the warm up bar and sit there, i got a few copies out then it goes thru the same thing again, tried disconnecting the finisher and still locked the op panel up, firmware? anyone see this? i cant even try a dcon clear or anything because i cant get into service mode..and i dont have access to sst

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: 7095

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Have an odd problem with this machine, 1st it says finisher not recognized , then the operation panel locks up cant get any functions to work, when it does see the finisher the op panel will work for a few seconds , then the screen will go back to the warm up bar and sit there, i got a few copies out then it goes thru the same thing again, tried disconnecting the finisher and still locked the op panel up, firmware? anyone see this? i cant even try a dcon clear or anything because i cant get into service mode..and i dont have access to sst
    ---------------------------
    check the braided ground strap on the finisher
    example below is not connected> connect it

Finisher Not Recognized

The finisher functions do not appear available on the display of the imageRUNNER.

First, confirm the following steps:

1) Check if the finisher version is listed in service mode COPIER>DISPLAY>SORTER

2) Check if the finisher is registered in service mode COPIER>OPTION>ACCPST-D
    01 is YES

3) Check your ARCNET cables for T-Conections and Terminators on the imageRUNNER and the Finisher.

If your display does not show any version, and your ACCPST-D shows the finisher is attached, try the following steps:

1) Set the value listed in the ACCPST-D to "00", press OK

2) Exit service mode, power off the imageRUNNER, and power off the Finisher.

3) Disconnect the ARCNET cable from the imageRUNNER only.

4) Power on ONLY the imageRUNNER.

5) Check COPIER>OPTION>ACCPST-D (At this point the finisher should no longer be listed)

6) Power off the imageRUNNER

7) Confirm BOTH the imageRUNNER and the finisher have T-Connectors and terminators.

8) Power on the finisher, then power on the imageRUNNER (Note: Power on sequence is important.)

9) Check COPIER>OPTION>ACCPST-D The value should be listed as "01" for the finisher. If the ACCPST-D lists the finisher as "00", try setting to "01", then press OK. (Note: If you have other ARCNET devices attached they will be listed, too, assuming you have connected the ARCNET cables with T-Connectors and have terminated the last device.)

10) Check COPIER>DISPLAY>SORTER Now you should see the finisher listed

or

-check if LED's are lit on the Finisher Controller
    -were supply voltages checked at the Finisher Controller and voltage into the Controller
    -check Fuse on AC Driver
    Attached Images Attached Images
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks tekat.ill check it monday but im almost sure the ground is connected...ill let you know what happens

turns out it is the connection from the S2 to the machine, unplugged it and the machine works fine, tried a new cable and same thing,machine panel does not respond and everything acts erratic, doesnt recognize finisher or says the sheet inserter is open, panel unresponsive..etc..anyone see this?

help !! lol

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    help !! lol
    first u fixed it & then it went back to same issue ??

check your Grounding for proper voltage at outlet

Ground to Neutral should be 0v +/- 0.05v
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

when i unplug the imagepass the machine works fine as soon as i plug the crossover back into the machine it does all the same things,( machine op panel wont work, says finisher not recognized, etc) tried a new crossover and unplugged the battery on imagepass to reset...leaning toward the interface board on the machine side