Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Out of Toner / Change Toner message in Canon iR1025iF

I am presently working on a Canon iR1025iF with a "out of toner / change toner" message. I replaced the toner but the message returned. I replaced the developer assembly and still the same message. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem. How do I load the toner to the developer for this model? Many thanks for your help.
    COBRA

Re: Out of Toner / Change Toner message in Canon iR1025iF

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    I am presently working on a Canon iR1025iF with a "out of toner / change toner" message. I replaced the toner but the message returned. I replaced the developer assembly and still the same message. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem. How do I load the toner to the developer for this model? Many thanks for your help.
    Hi

It does not look good :-(

While the machine is in wait state, the toner level detection signal ( based on the comparison of the developing bias output and the antenna output inside the cartridge) occurring when the developing AC bias is detected during normal rotation to monitor the toner level inside the cartridge.

maybe checking and cleaning connectors.....electrical or board problems.

Good luck !!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    ================================================== =
    Out of toner, Change toner is flashing on the display panel.

The problem has been found to be a poor contact between the Antenna rod, ( this is the device that detects the presence of toner in the developer), and the HVT PCB. There is a series of contact points to check.
    In the image below check the contacts points on both ends of the white wire.

On the left side the wire terminal contacts a curved wire.

The back of this curved wire is spring loaded and contacts the developer unit. In the image below the black plastic housing has been removed. There is one screw at the top of the housing that holds it in place.

The image below shows the contact point on the developer. It is rectangular in shape at the top center of the image. Make sure the wire in the above image is lined up with the contact point on the developer.

Next check the contact point on the right side of the developer. It is a spring loaded contact plate.

Check and clean each contact point. Cleaning the contacts with scotch bright, emery cloth or fine sand paper may be needed.
    The message will disappear when the contact failure is resolved.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== =
    Out of toner, Change toner is flashing on the display panel.

The problem has been found to be a poor contact between the Antenna rod, ( this is the device that detects the presence of toner in the developer), and the HVT PCB. There is a series of contact points to check.
    In the image below check the contacts points on both ends of the white wire.

On the left side the wire terminal contacts a curved wire.

The back of this curved wire is spring loaded and contacts the developer unit. In the image below the black plastic housing has been removed. There is one screw at the top of the housing that holds it in place.

The image below shows the contact point on the developer. It is rectangular in shape at the top center of the image. Make sure the wire in the above image is lined up with the contact point on the developer.

Next check the contact point on the right side of the developer. It is a spring loaded contact plate.

Check and clean each contact point. Cleaning the contacts with scotch bright, emery cloth or fine sand paper may be needed.
    The message will disappear when the contact failure is resolved.
    Hi teckat. I have checked and cleaned the contacts you have shown. But still the "change toner / out of toner" message remains. Could it be an HVT board problem already? Because the white wire leads to that board. Thanks
    COBRA

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

If all contacts have been check> look to HVT
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

This was fixed by DC Controller PCB replacement.
    COBRA