Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IR C3200N Smear on print

Sorry for the bad photos I made ... but that isn't the matter right now .. no meaning in making color adjustments while some of the print is ruined

My question is this: What is the reason for the smear/this issue ... it's getting to the point of being annoying

IRC3200_test1a_IMG_0253.jpgIRC3200_test1b_IMG_0253.jpg

We have a pdf of the servicemanual ... and surely we have some ideas, but it's better getting the hammer on the nail from all the talent in here ;-)

I have some experience from photo-machines (noritsu)... so not completely lost to getting dirty fingers ;-)

Thanks in advance for any clever input/replies

PS:
    Quick little question ... we Also have a CLC 3200 with a fiery unit. How do one determine what version of it we've got ... c1 / c1 ver. 2.0 ?

Regarding the IR C3200N .... there's only one "kind" apart from variations in accessories ....(not taking the fiery unit into account) ?

Another quick question ... how do one figure out what version of

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C3200N Smear on print

Quote Originally Posted by AhaaOkay View Post
    Sorry for the bad photos I made ... but that isn't the matter right now .. no meaning in making color adjustments while some of the print is ruined

My question is this: What is the reason for the smear/this issue ... it's getting to the point of being annoying

IRC3200_test1a_IMG_0253.jpgIRC3200_test1b_IMG_0253.jpg

We have a pdf of the servicemanual ... and surely we have some ideas, but it's better getting the hammer on the nail from all the talent in here ;-)

I have some experience from photo-machines (noritsu)... so not completely lost to getting dirty fingers ;-)

Thanks in advance for any clever input/replies

PS:
    Quick little question ... we Also have a CLC 3200 with a fiery unit. How do one determine what version of it we've got ... c1 / c1 ver. 2.0 ?

Regarding the IR C3200N .... there's only one "kind" apart from variations in accessories ....(not taking the fiery unit into account) ?

Another quick question ... how do one figure out what version of
    ================================================== ======================
    ================================================== ======================

1-on the Fiery ver.? > Print out a P PRINT & USER-PRT in Service Mode
    COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > P-PRINT > USER-PRT
    select one item at a time >press OK to print them-

2-(variations in accessories) ? what do u mean ?

3-CQ issue/
    is that issue on photo paper ?
    is that a print or glass copy ?
    have u check the fuser rollers (surface)
    do u have a smear issue on regular text images ?

imagePASS-C1 v2.0/ see attachment

imagePass C1 v2.0 Intro TP04-1.pdf
    Last edited by teckat; 03-27-2014 at 01:33 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Made the prints on the clc 3200 with the fiery unit has the famous C boot rom (70.01)
    my guess is that it's a c1 ver. 2.0 (will have to check that correctly)

Follow up:
    Whats the latest and greatest boot rom and firmware versions for ir c3200 / clc 3200

If c1 version 2.0 I just hunt the corresponding drivers for that version or does the ir c3200 driver work with both, with some limitations

Let me rephrase that ir c3200 / clc 3200 similarity question a bit

what is the difference between those two model? My take on this is ir c3200 is intended for the office and the clc is intended for more graphical demanding use !

it's a print on plain copy paper.
    With lots of graphics/ pictures it's the worst but it does show on simple text prints too.

Video inspection of rollers as I don't have a clue how they should look 😉

video of fixing rollers:
    Attached Images Attached Images

=C3200 Series
    System / v90.03
    Boot/ v70.01
    Language/ v90.03
    RUI/ v 79.04
    DC-CON/ v38.02
    R-CON/ v4.01
    -----------------
    u should be using the C1 PRINT DRIVERS (C1 Color Guide =see pdfs.)/Color Network Printer Unit-C1
    Color Network Printer Unit-C1.pdf

Drivers links-http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010073.asp

CLC3200/3220-C1 v2
    ---------------------------------------------------
    iRC3200 & CLC3200 Basically the same animal nada

--------------------------------------------------
    U HAVE 100% Coverage of Paper / this printer is not a printing press

when was the last time any maintenance/ service was performed on this printer ?
    the fuser needs to be removed> so u can see if any paper is caught on upper roller (not visible in pic)

also the ITB UNIT needs to be removed> inspected>cleaned & sheet changed if old or worn

u need to remember> the image is transferred to ITB SHEET before transfer to paper/
    u can have many issues between image formation>separation>cleaning > to fixing

last point>>>>>>>>>>>>Are u a Tech
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

First of thanks for saving me a truck load of time finding odds and ends of this little "project". A printer/copier that needs some TLC for sure.

The CLC was added to the bundle as the IC C3200 could save as spares the other way around .... and the CLC 3200 had a nice bundle of 28 packages of toner on top that still is more worth than the printer at todays rate ... and the CLC 3200 that was acquired last week prints nicely

This is just first part of "is it worth more than our "dirt cheap spare time" to fix the IR C3200 up ?"

Teckcat ... can you clarify

---------------------------------------------------
    iRC3200 & CLC3200 Basically the same animal nada

--------------------------------------------------

Looks like a fun friday/weekend at cleaning copier mechanics ;-)

We did clean the outside of the ITB belt and it looks fine. From reading here it looks like it would be smart to have a look at cleaning the inside of that belt and rollers of the ITB unit too.

My understanding of cleaning the ITB belt is a lint free cloth on out and inside of the belt ..... is that correct ?

Secondly ... to take the fixer unit apart and inspect it thoroughly and see if one can clean our way to some nice prints if not .... drop the IR C3200 and use for spares for the CLC 3200 whenever possible.

How would we clean the rollers of the fixer unit and check if the temperatures of the unit is what it should be ?

May we use any isopropyline alcohol to clean any of these surfaces .... fixing rollers / ITB bet

I'll make some more movies.

When I get the scanning setup I'll scan the reports you asked me to make:

Code:
     Print out a P PRINT & USER-PRT in Service Mode
    COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > P-PRINT > USER-PRT
    select one item at a time >press OK to print them-

Is there an easy way of sayiing which version of the imagepass units we have at hand "C1 or C1 ver. 2.0)
    -> will open that fiery box and check serial numbers to know for sure ;-)

I am in the process of digesting the infosheet/pdf on what the imagepass C1 ver.2.0 is .....

Same goes for test prints of course .... for both printers .. I'm happy to say that the CLC 3200 prints looks a hell of a lot better than those from the IR C3200

Upgrading firmware/boot rom etc .... is that a task of the SS TOOLS on CD ?

Of to read all those PDF's you provided so kindly

Sure I'm a tech .... not a copier tech though ... but have seen a Xerox or two inside and a corona thread making or breaking "user experience" back in the days;-)
    Last edited by AhaaOkay; 03-28-2014 at 02:14 AM.

info on imagePass ver. will show on P PRINT/ USER PRINT & not from serial #
    alcohol is a no>no
    use damp cloth/
    Fix unit=Control temperature 190°C (in PSTBY)(standby)
    operating temperature of 222 ±8°C)
    I would not take the fix unit apart / cheaper to but one

Firmware_SST loaded with printer firmware

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    info on imagePass ver. will show on P PRINT/ USER PRINT & not from serial #
    alcohol is a no>no
    use damp cloth/
    Fix unit=Control temperature 190°C (in PSTBY)(standby)
    operating temperature of 222 ±8°C)
    I would not take the fix unit apart / cheaper to but one

Firmware_SST loaded with printer firmware
    Which variable indicates imagepass version ?

Did you mean that it's cheaper to buy a new fixer unit ....?
    There wasn't any paper hidden on the upper roller .... ... have to complain to the dude holding the cam (pointing at the mirror) ;-)

Can I check the temperatures in service mode or do I just toast a finger to figure them temps out ?

TIA

Which variable indicates imagepass version ?

Did you mean that it's cheaper to buy a new fixer unit ....?
    There wasn't any paper hidden on the upper roller .... ... have to complain to the dude holding the cam (pointing at the mirror) ;-)

Can I check the temperatures in service mode or do I just toast a finger to figure them temps out ?

TIA
    --------------------------------------------
    I get paid by the hour/ u can send me money to PayPal

Stop Worrying and Start Living./
    forget about the imagePASS-C1-v2.0=(S/N JXLxxxxx):look on outside of box

imagePass C1 v2.0 Intro TP04-1.pdf

SERVICE MODE
    COPIER>DISPLAY<ANALOG>
    FIX-C
    Fixing roller’s surface temperature (main thermistor’s detected temperature) in °C
    FIX-E
    Fixing roller’s surface temperature (sub-thermistor’s detected temperature) in °C

u don't need to worry about fix temp>unless u see an error code

If the internal temperature of the thermal switch exceeds 222 ±8°C, the thermal switch goes OFF to cut the power to the fixing heater.
    When the sub thermistor mounted at the end of the fixing roller detects 239°C, the signal from the DC controller turns off the heater drive circuit, thus cutting off power to the main heater and the sub heater.

The temperature of the fixing roller is controlled by turning on and off the main heater according to the reading taken by the main thermistor. During printing, the control (i.e., timing at which control is initiated) varies according to the type of paper being used.

If the sub thermistor (TH2) registers 195°C or more, the machine turns off the sub heater.
    If it registers 210°C or more, the machine also turns off the main heater.
    When the temperature at the ends falls below 210°C, the machine turns on the main heater.
    If the temperature at the ends falls below 195°C, the machine also turns on the sub heater.
    If the reading of the main thermistor is below the control temperature at this time, the heaters are turned on.

At Power-On
    The fixing roller is heated by 2 fixing heaters (main heater H1, sub heater H2). The main heater repeats remaining ON for 3.5 sec and OFF for 1.5 sec until the fixing temperature reaches 190°C. The sub heater, on the other hand, remains ON throughout.
    The pressure roller is kept warm by the heat retaining heater (which remains ON throughout).
    The fixing motor starts to rotate when the temperature of the fixing roller reaches 90°C. It keeps rotating for a further 300 sec after the temperature of the fixing roller reaches 190°C (warm-up state; so as to maintain the temperature of the pressure roller; the machine accepts
    a print job during this period).

Technician

OK .... so you're saying ... do not take the complete fixer unit apart .... just take it out ... and have a closer look at things ! (clean with a damped cloth) and make a fresh video for you

Am I correct that taking the ITB belt of and cleaning the inside + rollers would be a smart thing to do ?

And after doing both it's time to cross fingers and look for improvement in print quality (thinking off the nasty marks) in the picture of my first post ?

So basicly being a copier tech is all about cleaning mess up .... damn .... and here I thought things had changed in the past 25+ years

OK .... so you're saying ... do not take the complete fixer unit apart .... just take it out ... and have a closer look at things ! (clean with a damped cloth) and make a fresh video for you

Am I correct that taking the ITB belt of and cleaning the inside + rollers would be a smart thing to do ?

And after doing both it's time to cross fingers and look for improvement in print quality (thinking off the nasty marks) in the picture of my first post ?

So basicly being a copier tech is all about cleaning mess up .... damn .... and here I thought things had changed in the past 25+ years

===============================================

ITB removing >inspection >cleaning exterior >removing ITB SHEET >cleaning interior sheet >cleaning rubber drive roller>

is not for the amateur

ITB BELT CLEAN.JPG
    ITB ROLLER BLACK.JPG
    ITB PRIMARY ROLLS.JPGcheck if rollers are locked in both sides/DO NOT CLEAN THESE ROLLERS/ REPLACE IF NEEDED

REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS IN PDF----------------
    Attached Files Attached Files