Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aman

Thumbs up In Canon C3380 Difference between C Boot Rom & N- Boot Rom

Any one help me , is it possible to connect Canon C3380 through LAN cable if machine has C Boot Rom. if not then what modification or accessories' are required to connect.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    In Canon C3380 Difference between C Boot Rom & N- Boot Rom

Re: In Canon C3380 Difference between C Boot Rom & N- Boot Rom

Quote Originally Posted by aman View Post
    Any one help me , is it possible to connect Canon C3380 through LAN cable if machine has C Boot Rom. if not then what modification or accessories' are required to connect.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS SERIES ONLY HAS C BOOT/ U NEED TO Purchase KITS to Activate Print Options
    Printer Kits for many of the newer Canon devices are LMS based. The BootROM on these devices will always end with a C. There is no N, P, or H BootROM for these devices.

You must register a license key to enable optional modes and functions.
    Each optional mode and function requires their own license key to be registered in printer & online-License Management System is a website used to register LANs (License Access Numbers) for Universal Send Kits and other optional kits for the Canon imageRUNNER devices.
    There is no limit to the number of license keys that can be registered in the machine.

These are the available print options and item codes for the imageRUNNER C3380/C2880 Series:

Print Options:
    Item Codes:
    PCL Printer Kit-Q1
    [1461B001AA]
    PS Printer Kit-Q1 [1462B001AA]
    imagePASS J1 [0878B001AA]

Available Print Controller Summary:

UFRII printing is standard on all of these models. UFRII printing is not available if the optional imagePASS J1 is added.

Copier Models: Supported Print Controllers:
    imageRUNNER C3380i / C2880i - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (standard)
    - PS Printer Kit -Q1 * (optional)
    - imagePASS J1 ** (optional)
    imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880 - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (optional)
    - imagePASS J1 (optional)
    * PS Printer Kit-Q1 requires that PCL Printer Kit-Q1 and iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 be previously installed.

** Requires the optional Open Interface Board on the 'i' models.

imagePASS-J1:

- New EFI (Fiery) external piggyback controller for the iR C3380/C2880 models.
    - Cannot be installed with the PCL Printer Kit-Q1.
    - Not supported with 'i' model machines (iR C3380i/C2880i).
    - Intel Celeron M - 1.2 GHz CPU.
    - 256 MB standard memory (256 optional, max 512 MB).
    - 80 GB HDD.
    - Designed for color-intensive, more graphic intensive, multi-user environments.
    - Supports true Adobe PostScript 3.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

aman

Thanx for your support. Just I thing I would like to know that, PCL, PS is installed in my machine then is it possible to connect through LAN (Network cable) for printing or any additional device is required for that.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS SERIES ONLY HAS C BOOT/ U NEED TO Purchase KITS to Activate Print Options
    Printer Kits for many of the newer Canon devices are LMS based. The BootROM on these devices will always end with a C. There is no N, P, or H BootROM for these devices.

You must register a license key to enable optional modes and functions.
    Each optional mode and function requires their own license key to be registered in printer & online-License Management System is a website used to register LANs (License Access Numbers) for Universal Send Kits and other optional kits for the Canon imageRUNNER devices.
    There is no limit to the number of license keys that can be registered in the machine.

These are the available print options and item codes for the imageRUNNER C3380/C2880 Series:

Print Options:
    Item Codes:
    PCL Printer Kit-Q1
    [1461B001AA]
    PS Printer Kit-Q1 [1462B001AA]
    imagePASS J1 [0878B001AA]

Available Print Controller Summary:

UFRII printing is standard on all of these models. UFRII printing is not available if the optional imagePASS J1 is added.

Copier Models: Supported Print Controllers:
    imageRUNNER C3380i / C2880i - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (standard)
    - imagePASS J1 ** (optional)
    imageRUNNER C3380 / C2880 - PCL Printer Kit -Q1 (optional)
    - imagePASS J1 (optional)
    * PS Printer Kit-Q1 requires that PCL Printer Kit-Q1 and iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 be previously installed.

** Requires the optional Open Interface Board on the 'i' models.

imagePASS-J1:

- New EFI (Fiery) external piggyback controller for the iR C3380/C2880 models.
    - Cannot be installed with the PCL Printer Kit-Q1.
    - Not supported with 'i' model machines (iR C3380i/C2880i).
    - Intel Celeron M - 1.2 GHz CPU.
    - 256 MB standard memory (256 optional, max 512 MB).
    - 80 GB HDD.
    - Designed for color-intensive, more graphic intensive, multi-user environments.
    - Supports true Adobe PostScript 3.

LAN from Network to Printer > or u can use crossover cable from Printer to Laptop/PC
    or You can connect the machine to a computer with a USB port via a USB cable. The machine is USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible.

Just put in your network settings/

on control panel>additional functions>system settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings
    Settings specified from the control panel become effective after the machine is restarted, after the procedure. Turn OFF the machine, wait at least 10 seconds, and then turn it ON.

aman

thanks a lot. I think we can't scan any document from laptop by using USB cable. Am I right ?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    LAN from Network to Printer > or u can use crossover cable from Printer to Laptop/PC
    or You can connect the machine to a computer with a USB port via a USB cable. The machine is USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible.

Just put in your network settings/

on control panel>additional functions>system settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings
    Settings specified from the control panel become effective after the machine is restarted, after the procedure. Turn OFF the machine, wait at least 10 seconds, and then turn it ON.

Quote Originally Posted by aman View Post
    thanks a lot. I think we can't scan any document from laptop by using USB cable. Am I right ?
    =================================================

Download
    http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...663.asp?model=
    Color Network ScanGear v2.71========
    Color Network ScanGear is a 32-bit TWAIN-compliant scanner driver that enables computers on a network to use a Canon iR series color digital copier as a scanner.

+ READ ATTACH ----------
    NOTE

• If you are using Color Network ScanGear for the first time after installing it, the network scanner to be used must be selected with the ScanGear Tool.
    • The Color Network ScanGear driver cannot be started at the same time as the ScanGear Tool. If the ScanGear Tool is running, close it.

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...200752800.html
    Attached Files Attached Files