Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 6000 Scanner issues with doc fdr and 17" copy

When using the doc fdr the lower portion of the page (toward the front of copier) is darker than the top.
    I did run the CCD adjust from the function menu and then ran the SH-PS-ST. The SH-PS-ST ended with N/G.
    This has been an on going problem for a while. Now when a 17" page is copied the trail end of the page
    has a light band about 3" or so from the trail edge.
    I don't have many scanner problems so I am at a loss for what to do, I'm looking for some guidance.

The back side of the platen is clean, the reflectors and lamp are clean. I could not detect any difference
    in the lamp as it traveled the length of the 17" paper.

Prints from the service mode look normal. I did at one time take the cover off of the lens but that did not
    help.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

DR

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 6000 Scanner issues with doc fdr and 17" copy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    When using the doc fdr the lower portion of the page (toward the front of copier) is darker than the top.
    I did run the CCD adjust from the function menu and then ran the SH-PS-ST. The SH-PS-ST ended with N/G.
    This has been an on going problem for a while. Now when a 17" page is copied the trail end of the page
    has a light band about 3" or so from the trail edge.
    I don't have many scanner problems so I am at a loss for what to do, I'm looking for some guidance.

The back side of the platen is clean, the reflectors and lamp are clean. I could not detect any difference
    in the lamp as it traveled the length of the 17" paper.

Prints from the service mode look normal. I did at one time take the cover off of the lens but that did not
    help.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

DR

=-==============================;

check for a slightly Bent Reflector by LA2 (SLIGHT TWIST) Or Fingerprint (oil mark) on LAMP
    remove the Scanning Lamp2 & check No. 1 Mirror / check Mirror #2 & 3 with a small flashlight
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ARUN MISHRA's Avatar

Cool Re: Canon IR 6000 Scanner issues with doc fdr and 17" copy

check for mirror 2-3 base for height adjustment hex screw ( keyboard side) for loosening.....and check the reflector for both side gap is equal from lamp .....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

The CCD adjustment for the Doc Feeder is EGGN-POS with the Doc Feeder opened,
    before making this adjustment you must first do CCD-ADJ (put a couple of white paper on the Large Reading glass and execute).
    When using the Doc Feeder the Exposure lamp stops below the Narrow Reading Glass.
    There is a white plastic strip on the Rear side of Reading Glass, is it still there ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank you for the overnight reply,

Teckat, I am usually careful not leave marks on the lamps or mirrors, but ya never know
    what gets left behind when in a hurry. I will check these items soon.

Arun Mishra, I may have moved one of those reflector without knowing it, so I will check
    the reflectors and screws on the mirrors. I do recall at one time having cleaned a mirror
    and moving it just a shade. With the distance involved a little change could make the
    difference.

Spectraindo, I do believe that the small white patch for the doc feeder is still there,
    but will verify. I also re-read the adjustments and I was suppose to do the SH-PS-ST
    adjustment before the CCD adjust. I will follow the sequence more closely on my next visit.

Thank you for all the help

DR