Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    zigzag on irc3580

zigzag on irc3580

I have a case with an iRC3580i.

Only 2-3 first copies/prints have wrinkles on the sheet. The other consequent copies/prints are fine.

If the machine gets in a stand by state for more than 3-4 hours or at the beginning of the day the wrinkles happen.

I did replace fixing unit and pressure rollers and bearings (not only for this reason but because it was time to replace them).

Machine has about 0.8 mil copies

I have been telling customer that the reason is humidity - even if I don't believe this at 100 %.

Now my question is this :

Am I lying to the customer ?

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: zigzag on irc3580

Pull down the yellow cover on the Fixing Unit & check the thin orange roller rotates freely, the bushings on the roller ends get dry and/or worn therefore slowing the paper travel through the Fuser, this normally happens first up or after the machine has been idle for sometime - the first few pages may take on a curved and wavy shape for the first half of the page.

Also check the alignment of the side door, are you getting any 003 errors in the err history in Service Mode?

There are quite a few threads about sticky pads as well, but my personal experience has been either the side door or that upper small orange roller in the fuser need some lubrication.

V

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    zigzag on irc3580

Re: zigzag on irc3580

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    I have a case with an iRC3580i.

Only 2-3 first copies/prints have wrinkles on the sheet. The other consequent copies/prints are fine.

If the machine gets in a stand by state for more than 3-4 hours or at the beginning of the day the wrinkles happen.

I did replace fixing unit and pressure rollers and bearings (not only for this reason but because it was time to replace them).

Machine has about 0.8 mil copies

I have been telling customer that the reason is humidity - even if I don't believe this at 100 %.

Now my question is this :

Am I lying to the customer ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

seen this in

High Humidity / High Temperature Environment

Where is & How is Paper stored at location ??
    Quality of Paper contributes to this issue also----
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**