Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Imagepress C1 wrinkling 11x17 sheets

I have a C1 with decurler, punch and AA2 Finisher. When I run 11x17 either through drawer or bypass, the sheets are coming out wrinkled on the lead edge as it comes out of the finisher. The length of the wrinkles are about 6 inches long. Running a 60# offset paper. It appears that the wrinkles are not happening at the fuser, as there is no evidence of toner not fusing to the paper. The paper is from a fresh ream.

I have tried several different paper setting with various curl adjustments. Nothing seems to help.

Is there a way to "turn off" the decurler action? I'm thinking there might be too much pressure between some rollers, but not exactly sure. It seems when I run label stock, I don't hear it cycle through the decurler like card stock, but the ImagePress will not let you pick label stock with 11x17 size.

Any suggestions?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Thumbs down Re: Imagepress C1 wrinkling 11x17 sheets

When wrinkles appear on printed paper, replace the pressure pad and pad cover of the fixing belt assembly with new ones.
    After replacing the pressure pad cover, apply silicon oil S-20 to the cover in the width of approx. 200mm from the center of the cover.
    When applying the silicon oil, make lint-free paper absorb the amount of oil that does not drip off.
    FL2-5457 Pressure pad
    FL2-2788 Pad cover
    FY9-6011 LUBE S-20 SILICON OIL (50cc)
    Pressure pad is used to form the appropriate fixing nip

ALSO==================
    Make sure the secondary transfer roller is not hard to turn and see if it is engaging the ITB correctly.
    Secondary Transfer Mount Assembly (FM2-2485-010)

This Mount unit causes weird wrinkle issues

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: Imagepress C1 wrinkling 11x17 sheets

This will not be solution but you can diagnose if it is the decurler feeding to the bottom... Print on a irregular size sheet and the page will feed straight through...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank You, Thank You!

I started with the secondary transfer unit, since that did not require any parts and I could do that immediately. I discovered that the nylon gears had a lot of toner in the teeth, making them harder to turn than normal. I took out the whole assembly, took off the gears and scrubbed them clean. I vacuumed out some toner that had collected below the gears and then applied some lubricant to the bushings. After reassembling it and running a bunch of test sheets, there WERE NO WRINKLES!

I did discover a small crack in the large nylon cylinder on the end of the secondary transfer roller, and will probably have to replace that (i'm not sure of it's function), but it is working just fine right now.

I have already submitted a donation, which I encourage everyone to do. This kind of help sure saves money rather than calling in a copy repair person. So let's all give something back to show appreciation to the people who share their time and expertise helping us diagnose a problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    Thank You, Thank You!

I started with the secondary transfer unit, since that did not require any parts and I could do that immediately. I discovered that the nylon gears had a lot of toner in the teeth, making them harder to turn than normal. I took out the whole assembly, took off the gears and scrubbed them clean. I vacuumed out some toner that had collected below the gears and then applied some lubricant to the bushings. After reassembling it and running a bunch of test sheets, there WERE NO WRINKLES!

I did discover a small crack in the large nylon cylinder on the end of the secondary transfer roller, and will probably have to replace that (i'm not sure of it's function), but it is working just fine right now.

I have already submitted a donation, which I encourage everyone to do. This kind of help sure saves money rather than calling in a copy repair person. So let's all give something back to show appreciation to the people who share their time and expertise helping us diagnose a problem.
    =========================================

The Dude.jpg good work
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**